It is totally normal not to be walking at 13.5 months, and weight gain etc really slows down about that time . But I agree with MadB, some medical advice would be great. Don't fear the doctor, there might not even be anything dire wrong, and even if there was, it wouldn't be your fault. You are doing a great job with your DD.
I agree with Mad B - take a deep breathe for a start!
At this age it's not your milk supply that's the problem. Babies eat and breastfeed and grow. If she's not having any meat in her diet you probably want to get some meat into her for protein.
Start with taking her for her 12mnth check. And keep breastfeeding. Overall, she sounds great!
She eats plenty of meat, sometimes she strips the meat off her sandwich and eats that then throws the rest on the floor, she loves it. I've compared how much she eats with other babies her age and she eats 5 times what a 12kg baby eats.
I'm scared they will subject her to blood tests and godknows what else. She doesn't tolerate pain well and I just don't want to do that to her. :-(
FWIW my DD1 weighed 13 kg for almost 12 months. I can't remember how old she was, probably from around 18 months? I was worried for a while. She's now a healthy 10 year old
Walking in a walker can't be compared to walking unassissted. My neice is 14 months. She's been getting around in her walker for 4 months now, but shows no interest in walking yet In a walker they're just pushing around with their feet. Its completely different to walking. Is she pulling herself up on things?
By a walker I meant an A-frame that she pulls herself up on and struts around. I know 13.5 months isn't old for walking, my son didn't walk until 15 months but he wasn't interested like she was, everyone thought she'd be walking by 11 months the way she just got up and started pushing furniture around but it hasn't happened. As an isolated event I wouldn't worry, but coupled with her stopping growing...
she's only 7.7kgs. She's so little everyone thinks she's 6 months old.
Bookmarks