: What do you think is the biggest barrier to breastfeeding in Australia?

362.
  • Conflicting advice after birth

    64 17.68%
  • Interventions at birth

    9 2.49%
  • Lack of continuity of care

    44 12.15%
  • Accessibility of artificial milk

    20 5.52%
  • Marketing of artificial milk

    5 1.38%
  • Lack of education

    101 27.90%
  • Health professional influence e.g. MCHN, Paed

    17 4.70%
  • Family &/ friends ideals/advice/expectation

    45 12.43%
  • Going back to work with lack of bf support

    25 6.91%
  • Lack of availablility/affordability of support

    32 8.84%

thread: What do you think is the biggest barrier to breastfeeding In Australia?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #11
    Registered User

    Jul 2005
    Rural NSW
    6,975

    I wonder what the baby would want if it had a voice. I do support women who need to use formula because they have no other choice.

    Discretion: I also am highly discrete when I BF in public... so far I haven't had any negative comments... but this will be the first time I have fed beyond a year... so I guess it's on the cards now I'm going out shopping now BTW... I'll feed discretely and see what happens... I choose not to use the rooms near the toilets either, especially after that physical attack here in Melbourne recently... I'll probably give a feed in the plaza or at the cafe.

    ETA: Excellent submission Kelly
    Last edited by Bathsheba; May 25th, 2007 at 12:50 PM.