A GF of mine (and fellow BB-er) is a wonderful milk producer - I know that even up to when her DS was 6 months old she would spout milk fountains everywhere when he pulled off suddenly. Me - I have enough milk. Period, that's it. I didn't have under supply issues (Flynn gained weight like a trooper) but equally NEVER leaked, never felt any great tingling let down, and never was a great producer of EBM. I fed to 9 months when I got pg with Little One and almost overnight the milk disappeared (I think with better info/different circumstances I could have kept going, but that's a different story).
And another thing - my GF I think had a really hard time initially BF - she described it as a "toe curling experience" Whereas for me it was really easy, so easy it is almost embarasing!!
So I think that just as there was a huge variation in two successfully BF mums there would have to just be natural variation with some women whose bodies just don't produce milk, and for reasons totally aside from education, lack of support and personal views.
ETA Smylie, LOL at "if they can do it in the jungle I can do it" - I used to say to Flynn "C'mon cave baby, if we were living in prehistoric times you'd have no choice, get on it the job of sucking, mate!" LOL
Bookmarks