Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: relactating??

that is so fantastic! Hopefully the LC will be able to get him back on perfectly

Thankyou The support means the world to me

I spoke to the LC and she was fantastic, she was the LC I saw in the hospital and she is just wonderful. She was very honest, it will take probably a couple of weeks to even get a few drops.....harsh but the truth! Which is what I need, I don't wanna be unrealistic. And if it happens sooner that's a bonus. I'm kicking myself I didn't do it sooner though.....

Jake is still ok to go on but he is quickly learning and remembering that he gets nothing from the booby, so he is not happy there for long at all. So at the moment I'm looking to maybe set up a feedline. Until my appointment Friday I just have to keep trying to stimulate as much as possible, even if that means with the pump. He goes ok with a quick suck before a feed but becomes crabby when I don't give up the milk! lol So I've tried giving him some bottle, back on booby, bottle, booby and that worked ok, although I got spewed on a bit!

It's going to be hard, it's going to be so time consuming which I know I'm gonna struggle with having the other kids but I know in the back of my mind if I don't put in a good shot I'll regret it.

you sound so optimistic, and i am so sure this will work for you!

I'm trying to talk myself into optimistic

I am actually terrified I'm going to fail which will be worse second time around.

Going ok I think.....

Can occasionally get a single drop of clear fluid from each breast and also sometimes a single drop of really thick yellowy stuff.....I think it's all a good sign! I can see my veins in my boobs becoming darker too.

Jake is happy to go on at feeding times but not so happy inbetween so I'm just trying to make up for that with expressing. I just know once I get a few decent drops I'll be on my way......

Wow Bec that sure does sound like progress! I know someone who relactated - twice - from completely weaned, so it can be done. Good luck with it all, you are an inspiration for even trying!

Oh Marydean it is SO good to hear that people have done it, and TWICE!! Thanks, I hope I can keep it up....

Hi Bec - just want to wish you the best on your relactation journey!

Hi Becstar, I wish you all the best.
    Sorry, but can I just hijack your thread for a moment?
    I wish someone had told me about motillium!
    I never had a good supply. less than 20 mls from each side at most and I had to suppliment each feed with formula. I think the fact that I have Graves disease had something to do with this. I gave up b/feeding after nearly 3 weeks and have struggled to get over the guilt ever since. This might be very far fetched but is it possible to relactate from nothing (8 monthssince weaning) by taking motillium and expressing to try and stimulate a supply? I would love to be able to express a couple of feeds per day for my daughter and know she is at least getting some good mummy's milk and my immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Marydean View Post
    you are an inspiration for even trying!
    Completely agree. Go Bec!

Charli'sMumma, why don't you contact a lactation consultant or the ABA? They would be best to help you although a dr will need to prescribe the Motilium for you.

I'm currently on Motilium and have been since DS was 5 days old, I'm also on fenugreek and flaxseed capsules. I think the fenugreek has made me 'milkier' than the other two things I am taking.

Best of luck!

SG
    xo

Hi Shoegal, thanks for the advice.
    I just spoke to a lovely lactation consultant who said I could try and see. She said I would need to take motillium and hire a double pump and express about 8 times a day for 10 days to see if a supply builds up. When I told her I had graves disease that played up post natally she said that's why I would have had trouble in the beginning (which I had begun to suspect but was never told). WHY DIDN'T ANYONE EVER TELL ME THIS!!! Sorry, had to have a little rant. . .

Aw hun, I'm sorry you weren't told that, I really hope you can get things going now!

SG
    xo

No prob Charlismumma I'm sorry you weren't told about it at all! I was nver TOLD as such but had heard of it on BB.

I don't think it happens often as the LC I spoke to said much the same thing, try and see. BUT I wasn't told 8x a day for 10 days either, so that gives me something to aspire to! I don't know if I'm making 8x a day but I'm trying! It's only been three days really so far, so I hope in another 7 days I can get a flow going! I WISh I had gotten on to Motilium in the first place but ah well.....

Marcellus hi!! Good to see you! You should drop by our March 16th-31st baby buddies to say hi and let us know what you've been up to Aric is gorgeous, love the big smile!

Thanks Ren and SG SG I had wondered about fenugreek with motilium and it's ok?? WIll have to get some. How much fenugreek do you take??

thanks again for kind words and support, really makes it much easier!

Bec, my LC said fengreek was fine to take. The directions say 1 x 3 a day, but I take 5 to be really milky. You have to smell like maple syrup!

Wooooooooooo Go Bec.

You are doing really well

Becstar, how many times a day are you going on the pump? I doubt I'll be able to do it 8 as I work part time and as bub sleeps through these days I think I will find it really hard to get up more than once through the night to go on the pump.

Shoegal, do you think if I took 2 fengreek tabs 3 time a day that it would be overdoing it?

How many motilliums per day is everyone taking?

Just thought I'd pop in quickly to wish Becstar and charli'smumma the best. It's a real inspiration to see you both willing to give relactating a go and it certainly debunks some of the myths out there. It sounds like it's a bit of a journey to get to where you'll be giving proper bfs and dropping ffs, but I hope it isn't too long and you're happy with what you end up with.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast