I had an emergency CS with a spinal that cut out at my jawline. And yes, it was scary, my BP dropped and I flet like i needed to cough but couldn't. I kept saying 'something's wrong, I don't feel right' and they kept telling me to calm down, asking me what was wrong but I couldn't tell them - just that something was wrong. I heard the aneasthetist going off at someone behind me saying 'see! this is why I don't like using blah blah...' which was a bit freaky too
They then said my BP had dropped a bit, they adjusted my drip, not sure what else they did. It must have helped because by the time we (eventually) got into theatre I was feeling better, it did take ages to get in there though & DH was getting worried. And after that, it wore off early - I regained sensation while they were stitching me up.

It was a factor in my decision to VBAC, and I had an aneasthetist consult while I was PG because I worried if I needed another CS what would I get.
I asked her if I could choose an epidural instead & she said spinal was the preferred option, quicker safer & more effective, and that what I had didn't sound like a bad high block, more of an uncomfortable sensation (Ican't remember her exact words). It did help put my mind at ease a bit although I was still nervous .

Anyway I have no idea what advice to offer, just hugs, I understand your worries; I think like Heaven said it would be worth seeing if you can speak to someone again.

Good luck hun