MG, I so feel for you not being able to see your bub for so long. My cs ended up having to be under a general so I didn't get to meet bub til I woke up which I found to be very traumatic.
I really don't understand why some hospitals do not allow mums to have their bubs with them whilst being stitched and whilst in recovery. As long as there are no complications with the baby it really is best to have that skin on skin contact and first breastfeed ASAP. It really should be encouraged.
Kaz, like the others have said make sure you stipulate what you want.
I've already mentioned this in a previous post but I discussed my experience with my OB and if I need a cs with #2 she is going to allow me to pull bub onto my chest for instant skin on skin and I'll have bub with me in recovery (as long as they can get the epidural in and I don't need another general).
Read Paula Becktons story on http://www.birthrites.org/OliverBS.html. She did this at the hospital where I will have my next bub. It is a fantastic story. And even if the thought of pulling bub up onto your chest doesn't appeal, I'm sure the rest of it would.
Tamara![]()




Reply With Quote
Bookmarks