My first & last were c/secs. Both emergencies. I was in labour for both, although not advanced.
I asked for a GA the second time because I HATED the feeling of the epidural. Also, DD was premature so I knew she was going straight off to NICU.
I was thrilled with my recovery the second time. I had the PCA out within 10 hours and took oral Endone. Up & in the shower as soon as the PCA was out. I have never heard of the rectal suppositories, but Monnie, it's just a different way of taking meds. In Europe suppositories for EVERYTHING are sooo common.
For the second delivery, we had a little time to plan (she just ended up coming even earlier). I had organized a midwife to be with DH. He had to be out of theatre just for a minute while they actually put me out, but was there the entire time before & after. The midwife was great about supporting him, explained everything, went with him to NICU, spent several hours with him even though the delivery took place at 2 am.
There were issues with breastfeeding both times... the milk took 5 full days to come in. With my vaginal deliveries, the milk was in within 24-48 hours.
Monnie, having seen your other posts, would still encourage a vaginal delivery. Believe me if your OB felt very strongly about a c/sec, he would never have presented it as an "option".
One last word, as several people have said, if you have an emergency c/sec that happens at night & you've been in labour for ages, you will be so SLEEPY tired anyway for the next few days. An advantage of the planned c/sec is that you know it will take place during the day!! However, the same goes for vaginal deliveries. With one I laboured all night, baby born at brekky time. I was tired for several days. With the other, went into labour in early morning, born late evening so I was in bed by 11 pm. What a difference.
Bookmarks