Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Caesarean Chatter #3

I had internal disolvable stitches. Very neat, none of the train track look.

Take care
    Trish

I had the same as you trish, and do you know I don't even have a scar now :shock:

*hugs*
    Cailin

*Megan* Guest

mmmm - I don't think I have staples - I'm guessing I would know if I did?? My scar is so thin and the stiches are dissolving. I can't believe they puller an 8pounder out of such a small space!

Megan

Mine doesn't look train track-ish either.

Melinda Guest

I had the internal dissolvable stitches as well, but I do have a fairly hefty scar!! It's quite noticeable still.

I think in another thread we were talking about the length of scars etc, and mine was around 20cm long compared to others which was somewhat less!!

I had staples as well. I was terrified of having them removed. The nurses came around home and one of them was a trainee. They asked if it was ok for the trainee to remove them and I thought 'why not' , she did pretty good too.
    Only had one staple that hurt when they took it out, but they said it was put in a bit funny.
    My scar has faded really well, can hardly see it. But when they stapled me back together, right at the end of the cut they kind of overlapped the skin, so I have this tiny lumpy bit that sticks out.
    Did anyone else keep their staples?

Nic

I hope you don't mind me jumping in but I came across this thread and just wanted to share my experience thought ect.

I had an emergency ceaserean after being in labour for 12 hours, my recovery from the c section was really, really bad. I was in so much pain and even to this day I stii get some pain if I over stretch or dd jumps on my tummy. I have no idea if this is normal or what, it has now been 11 months.

I am absoloutly petrified of having another baby because I just don't think I can go through it all again.

I was initially dissapointed with having the c section but now can appreciate it was for the best. The main thing is a healthy baby and a health mummy ( who wasn't to healthy after it)

I just hope and pray that next time around I can hace VBAC

Sorry just thought i would add some more now I have read the whole post. I went to a Private Hospital and the midwives were fantastic after dd was yanked out of me the ob held her up for me to see and then the pead took her to clear her airways and once he finished all his checks (which were done in the room) she was wrapped up and the midwife stood there and held her in front of me so I could have a good look at her she then gave dd to dh to hold while I got sewen up with dissolvable stitches.

That night I think she spent sometime in the nursery more to let me recover because I had a bad reaction to the anesthetic that was given to me during the c/s because I felt them cutting and they had to top my epidural up so I was paralysed from the neck down.

But they brought her in for me to feed everytime she cried and they left her beside me as I wanted her with me. I think the midwifes had 5 patients to look after so that is probably why they were so good.

I did have 1 who was an agency nurse and she was a *****, because she had twins to look after as well. I was buzzing her for ages to come and help me to the toilet in the end dh had to help but i got stuck between the room and the toilet because I was in to much pain to move dh went to get her and she snapped at him about how busy she was next minute I was on the floor. I colapsed bacause of the pain. She quickly changed her view then, And gave me a shot of pethedien which she left in the room, something else we had hanging over her, so she was extra nice to me.

*Megan* Guest

Hello - I have a bit of a personal question to ask...this might be graphic to some...so please ignore if it is!!!

I know that you bleed after a c/s and this bleeding stopped on day 5 for me and was very light. Yesterday (day 15) I started to bleed again and it is quite heavy. Is this normal? Did this happen to any of you? I don't feel any pain - but I just think that it is strange that it went away and has now come back with avengence!

Sorry if this is TMI!! 8-[

Megan

Melinda Guest

Hey Megan,

I'd ask your MCHN or GP about it just to be on the safe side. I know that my bleeding would come and go quite a bit......some days I thought "great, it's gone" and the next day, woosh! I know the MCHN explained it to me this way: where the placenta was attached to the uterus, it is raw there after it comes away after birth. Over time it heals over, but as the uterus contracts down and returns to normal, the wound too is getting smaller, but just like you have knocked a scab and get some bleeding, so the same applies to the spot where your placenta was attached to the uterine wall. Make sense? Anyway, I was concerned about things coming and going and found it good to get some reassurance from the MCHN about it.

HTH!

Megan - I`m feeling fine now but if Matthew kicks my scar I am totally aware of it then, I also had bleeding like you described at day 6 I thought yippee I`ve stopped, it decided to come back a couple of days later and was on and off like this for a while until 4 weeks then it got heavy and stayed that way for about 10 days then slowly went and it stopped altogether a couple of days short of 6 weeks. I did do a bit of housework at 4 weeks and a lot of bending over into the bath so I thought that was the reason why it suddenly got heavier but it could also have been a coincidence. It is amazing that they can get such a big baby out of a small space, when Matthew`s head came out my anaethestis said to me his head is out so thats the biggest part.

I don`t know what I had in the way of stitches, I had this long nylon like fishing wire thread with two beads on each end that the midwife on day 5 cut off one bead and pulled it out, ouchy it hurt as it cuts you again, she did tell me if I wanted her to stop to tell her no way I just wanted it out so I put up with the awful burning sensation. So were mine staples or something else????

Von thanks for telling us your story, sounds like most of your midwives were lovely, except for 1 awful one. So sorry to hear after 11 months you still get pain.

Take Care

Deeanne

Dee you had a continous stitch, staples, are metal, and look just like the staples in a book, There are 2 types of stitches, individual ( which I had, 17 in all) and continous, which is one long thread, weaved in and out.

Debbie Lee Guest

Megan - I was told that the bleeding would come and go but I would ask your MCHN just to be sure.

Von - welcome and thanks for sharing your story. Sorry to hear your c-section was so traumatic for you. Have you asked your Dr. as to why you are still feeling pain? I would get right onto that because it doesn't sound right to me.

*Megan* Guest

Thanks everyone! It has subsided a little which is good....

Dee - glad to hear that you are OK. I haven't been kicked that low yet - something I'm sure will happen...it is only a matter of time!! LOL!

Megan

I found part of a stitch still in and they told me they should have desolved. I got DH to cut it off as it was starting to hurt and pull.

Thanks Vanita

I was thinking today, do any of you worry that your c-section may cause difficulties in conceiving your next child? It's something that has been playing on my mind a bit lately, that's all...

Nic

Nic, there's no link to it as far as I know. I have friends that have had no problems conceiving 2nd, 3rd & 4th times all with c/s.

I know my problems with conceiving this time around have been due to PCOS so its totally unrelated.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast