Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Caesarean Chatter #3

*Megan* Guest

Sorry to hear that you girls are having pain....no pain or sensation at all for me!

Hope that it goes well this time Jo...

Megan

Debbie Lee Guest

I'm the same, Megan. I wouldn't even know where my epidural was put in and I don't think I had any bruising - at least not that I could feel.

Jo - What happened when it hit a nerve? How did your appointment go today?

Sarah - I was thinking it might have been psychological too but when it started hurting when trying to straighten my back after bending I realised this can`t be all in my head as I`d have to straighten very very slowly.

So it looks like a bruised feeling can be a side effect, I wish I`d mentioned it to my OB for my post natal check but I didn`t think about it at the time #-o

Take Care

Deeanne

I have had no pain in my back from having the spinal block done even when i had Kimberley i had no pain. Could not tell you where they put it in.

hishersandours Guest

Hi girls, I just saw this forum and thought I'd pop in...I see most of you have had your bubs already, Congratulations.....I'm not sure if my post will "fit in" but here goes......

I'm in my 4th month now, and I'm pg with my 4th child.....My 3 boys were all c/s's - planned......This one will be as well...I had uncomplicated births, Michael was placenta previa, which was no big deal, Matt was breech, and Tim was transverse...Just 2 stubborn one's.....This one has to be a c/s because I run the risk if I go into labour of my uterus rupturing.....I'm very happy with this one being a c/s as well, I dont know any different anyway.....

Wow at having your 4th c/s - my mum had 4 as well. I'm planning on having c/s for the rest of my bubs, there is nooo way I'm going through what I did last time.

Hi, of course you fit in here too. You can tell all of your bubs were boys - stubborn little men

After having 2 normal deliveries and then having 1 cesa there was no way I was going back for another cesa. Of course this is just me. I would far rather a vag delivery than having another cesa.

I guess after having 3 cesa's the risk to uterine rupture may be higher as after just 1 cesa the risk is quite low.

Take care
    Trish

hishersandours Guest

I agree Trish, stubborn and want to do it their way!

I would feel the same way as you do Trish, after having 2 natural's. I guess what's in my favour is that I haven't experienced anything else, so I have nothing to compare my c/s's with. The only thing that's a little sad is that I will have had 4 kids, and I have never gone through contractions or my water breaking. Then again from what I have been told with contractions I'm missing out on nothing...lol

Sarah, did you have a rough time with your first bubs?

xx Lisa

Oh yeah, definately a rough time! Alexzander turned posterier about 2 days before I went into labour. Labour started 1pm Friday & everything was going slooooowly. By 7pm Saturday I was 9cm dilated & they expected bub to be delivered within the hour. Nothing happened from there. Finally at 1am Sunday they decided to do a c/s & Zander was born at 1.27am. This is the shortened version, if you're interested the longer version is here.

Melinda Guest

I'm another who had a shocking time in labour, and won't be doing it again! My OB actually recommended that for any subsequent babies, that I have c/s anyway due to some suspect things about my labour. Jacob was also posterior (he turned during labour!) but my cervix started to swell, so he couldn't get out anyway, plus he'd disengaged himself - the OB couldn't feel his head at all. My labour seemed to go on for an eternity and was quite traumatic and ended up in the emergency c/s. From an emotional POV, I couldn't run the risk of going through all of that again, as I didn't cope with it very well.

I am glad that I have experienced labour though - I know what contractions feel like etc, so I won't feel robbed of that next time around IYKWIM?

Debbie Lee Guest

Lisa - my Mum had 4 c/s too. She always says she was glad because we all had nice, round heads, LOL

I will be having a c/s next time too. I am the same as you, Sarah. Why go through all of that crap again? Apart from that, my recovery really wasn't all that bad (no having to dip my bits in salt baths from tearing, LOL). So long as the result is a happy and healthy baby, it doesn't matter!

Same Mel - if I went into labour again I would be terrified of the same thing happened & be too scared to deal with everything & end up with a c/s beacuse of it anyway.

hishersandours Guest

wow I cant even imagine what those experiences would have been like...Exhausting comes to mind though...

I've heard so many stories with c/s about how the mums dont get to hold the baby for anything up to a few hours after ect.....With all of mine they were checked and wrapped and handed straight to me on my chest.....I was a little bit blurry eyed trying to look at them at that angle, but I still got my first cuddle.....

I can now see why you all want c/s's after such experiences....

Debbie, I can totally relate to what your mum said about nice round heads!! I also breezed my recovery, the longest I have stayed in the hospital after any of my c/s's has been 3 days.....This one I'm hoping to go home on the 2nd day...

Sarah, exactly to go through all that labour ect and then to end up with a c/s, you might as well just book in for the c/s and relax...

I saw Zander straight after he was born, but then I didn't get to hold him for about an hour. So I'm hoping cos it's going to be planned next time that I get a cuddle first.

Melinda Guest

I saw Jacob right after he was born, but DH got the first cuddles. Once I was in recovery, I got my first cuddles with him, even though I had a very bad case of the shakes!

OOOOoh I was the same Melinda...the shaking was amazing...DH got the first cuddle but i got him as soon as i was in recovery.

Jo

Melinda Guest

The shaking lasted for about an hour with me Jo....how long did it last with you?

It lasted for 2 hours with me mel...i was back on the ward and still shaking like crazy 8-[

jo

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast