Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Caesarean Chatter #4

Kazzy Guest

Hi Custardtart,
    thankyou so much for your information. It has made me feel alot better. I think that I am just freaking out a bit about why the baby is breech this time around, but I suppose they all have a mind of there own. I will find out on the 17th if I am to go in or not - maybe the baby will turn, but I doubt it. Well, either way, it is good to know that it isn't as scary as I am thinking it is going to be.
    Thanks Again and I'll keep you updated. Oh, how long ago was your ceasar and how did you go with your other two - caring for them??
    Kazzy

kazzy - as you know, i had my c/section last tuesday. it is not at all like i expected in some ways, and i had asked heaps of questions here on BB.as kerrie said, the birth itself is fine, really nothing to be scared about at all. i found it so fascinating, i couldnt believe it all. i have heard that if you are in labour before the c/section the recovery is much worse. i went into labour before mine, and i did find the recovery to be very difficult (sorry....). but the other reason i found it hard was that the morphine kept making me vomit. so i had to go off it, so my pain relief was a lot less than it could have been.

if you have any specific questions, i would be happy to tell you about my experience (it is all so clear in my mind still)...

Custardtart Guest

My c-section was just under five weeks ago, and the recovery is taking longer than with a vaginal birth, but then you'd have to expect that. With regards to caring for the other children, well, they aren't toddlers, so it was easier for me. You WILL definitely need help around the house, and if you have a c-section, don't expect to be out of hospital much before six days have passed, and you will still need to lie down and rest as much as possible for a few weeks after that.

I'm only just starting to feel like I am fit enough to do things like shopping, and I have to be very careful not to overdo it. I lifted something a bit heavy two days ago, and am sure I pulled at the incision and made it worse, so I'm being very tentative with how I move at the moment. Don't plan on doing any heavy housework, I can manage to keep the kitchen and laundry operational and that's about it, I have cleaners coming in to do everything else. Your little man will have to get used to you not being able to pick him up for a couple of months.

If you can, line up some help once or twice during the week for a friend/relative to take your 3 yr old out so you can catch up on a couple of hours sleep - and if your baby ends up being a restless sleeper (like my Max with his colic), get them to take the baby out in a pram too, so you are alone in the house and can totally relax! If you don't have someone nearby who can help you with this, why not put out a call on Bellybelly for someone local to give you a hand, with the understanding that when you are back on your feet you'll return the favour?

None of what you are going to go through is particularly scary, but you would be wise to plan as much as you can to help you rest as much as possible after the birth, at least for the next month. Fill the freezer with casseroles and stock up on nappies, nursing pads and panty liners! I find that they are the most awkward things to send hubby running out for at the shops

Good luck, and don't panic, you'll get through this with flying colours.

Kerrie

i have noticed that just above my scar, i have a swollen area, i guess it looks a bit like a roll of fat, just the length of the scar. it is only above the scar and not below. it only really shows when i am upright. when i lay down it sort of flattens out. did anyone else have this? i am just a bit worried because when all the drs did their checks i was laying down so i am a little worried they didnt see it. i'm guessing it is just normal swelling though?

Linda - I had the same thing, except mine was on one end of my scar. At my 6 week checkup my GP said it was just normal swelling and would go away eventually. Mind you, this is the same GP who when I asked what the "possible CPD" comment in my baby book meant, told me he didn't know what CPD was!!

I still have a little lump, it almost looks like when they stitched me back up that they overlapped the joining skin a little too much, if that makes any sense??

Nic

thanks nic, it probably is just normal swelling,

Kazzy Guest

Hi Everyone,
    thanks for the info Linda and Custardtart. I have been bboked in for the 24th for definite now and am a bit excited. Where is everyone - once we have all had our babies, what forum do we move to????

Talk soon.
    Kazzy
    xx

Custardtart Guest

The 'Your baby buddies' forum!

Kerrie

Melinda Guest

Kerrie is right, but you can still talk about your experience with your c/s here!!!

Custardtart Guest

For sure - I never came here before having my baby, because having a c-section was the last thing on my mind! Having had two children vaginally previously, I certainly didn't expect to have to have a c-section third time around. This thread had been a real blessing to me.

Kerrie

Hi everyone, has been helpful to read about all your experiences. Am not preg yet, hope to be soon but already know that i will be having an elective c/s as had 3rd degree tearing with first baby. I had my little girl 3 weeks early and am absolutely terrified that when i have another baby i will go into labour early and not get to the hospital in time to have a c/s. Has anyone else had this kind of predicament and can anyone ease my mind?

Helen, i went into labour 3 weeks early, and i was booked in for an elective c/section. i went into labour at 12:50am. got to the hospital and labour was progressing pretty quickly. even though it was a public holiday and in the middle of the night (in a small town mind you) they called in the OB and all the theatre staff and i had Emma by 3:50am. so i would try not to worry too much. they really do get onto it pretty quickly when necessary,

HTH

I had wondered about that - what would happen if you went into labour when you had an elective c/s planned. So thanks for that Linda

Thanks Linda you have put my mind to rest. Well as much as can be expected. I'm sure I will probably start to stress again come 30 weeks. Hoping for a positive test within the next week. 28days today dr says I should wait until 35days and then test. Fingers crossed. [-o<

Love Helen

Glad to have helped Helen.

Sarah - i had wondered too - and found out the hard way LOL

Melinda Guest

Theresa - I just wanted to say that I'm not sure about recovery times etc for subsequent c/s....hopefully someone can answer your question!

Custardtart Guest

I'm finding that it is taking me a lot longer to recover from the birth than I had anticipated, and I've ended up with ligament pain in my hips again, and sciatic pain all the way down my legs. Is anyone else having these problems, or are you all up and about?
    It's seven weeks now, and I expected to be fully recovered and back to normal, so it's quite a disappointment that I still have to take it so easy or I end up flat on my back. I know some women seem to recover just like that *snaps fingers* so it's really frustrating me that I have to do so little at the moment.

Kerrie

kerrie, i am so sorry to hear your recovery is not going too well. it has been 3 weeks for me, and while i am feeling pretty good now, the initial recovery for me was a lot worse than anticipated.

i think the best thing to do is try not to do too much, as frustrating as that is. your body is telling you it is not ready to do too much just yet. as for the ligament pain and sciatica, could you see a physio to help with that?

i hope it improves for you soon,

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast