Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Caesarean General Chatter & Discussion #7

See perfect example why its stupid. There should be consistant guidelines. And why shouldn't they be in recovery with you? It only promotes the bond. That was the most traumatic part of the whole thing. The fact I was lying in bed without my baby and had NFI where they were. STUPID!

*vent over*

*hugs*
    Cailin

Here Here! Exctly the same here Cai.

Debbie Lee Guest

I agree, Cailin. I actually thought it was pretty cool that Neil was with me... I assumed that it was normal for Gab to be with me. They even wheeled a couple of those curtain thingys across for when I BF for the first time so that I wasn't flashing my boob to the other patients (like they were lucid enough to remember!). Had I known it was the only feed I'd do for almost 24 hours, I might have strung it out a bit longer!
    I do remember being told off for looking at her feet. That **** me... why shouldn't I be allowed to look at my baby's feet?? Frick!
    You're right tho.. it's a scary enough experience without adding the worry of wondering where you baby and hubby are!

I was given some sort of medicine before I went in for my 2 c/s ( It was elective) it was horrible..

So if you have a c/s are you allowed to have your baby in recovery with you? as long as bub is ok that is

Debbie Lee Guest

By the sounds of it, it depends on the hospital, aussienic. Make sure you let them know that that's what you want and jump up and down if they try to tell you otherwise.

Matilda was in with me in recovery... well she was on my bb's before I left theatre & stayed there until I was back in my room. Pete was ushered out of recovery to go & get changed & tell mum what happened. But that was only 10 minutes before I left recovery & because apparently there was a lot of blood that came out into the drain & they wanted him away as he wasn't doing very well...

I think next time I will be asking for bub to come with me to recovery or at least stay for a bit and offer the breast.. With Jacob I had to wait 11 hours to see him. Isaac I got to see after 2 hours

Debbie Lee Guest

See... that's not on. Bubs should be with you immediately! It's crucial for bonding and for you BM supply.
    I tell you what, I'll be beating the midwives off with a stick if they try to take the next baby from me for such a pathetic reason as they did with Gab! I have nightmares about spending the first night without her. She was downstairs all alone (because I saw how no one raced to the babies when they cried in Special Care... so she would have cried and got no hugs ).

Aww Deb, that is so sad isn't it

Joel was in the special care nursery for 24 hours as he had jaundice. I was called to go down to feed him when he woke and I could go inthere whenever I wanted but it still isn't the same. I couldn't pick him up and cuddle him.

Debbie Lee Guest

Yeah... it's not the same. I know that a lot of babies do go in there because they are seriously ill (don't get me wrong) but Gabby just didn't need to be in there. She was only there because they didn't have enough staff to look after me and her overnight. Not my problem... but I didn't know any better at the time. It looked so wrong seeing a massive 8lb baby next to 4lb twins (that were 7 weeks old already!). She just didn't look like she belonged.
    The staff were pretty rude to me too. They weren't very helpful when I was down there. I know they were busy but I'd also just had major surgery, was spaced-out on drugs and didn't know where all the nappy stuff was! Arrgh...

Deb, next time you will know to speak up hun.

Although next time I'm sure you won't have anything go wrong for you. You will be in total control and be able to tell them all to shove it if things look to be going pear shaped.

Brooke, I pity anyone who tries to cross your path hun

BTW I love your new sig

Debbie Lee Guest

Brooke - yep... I had an epi. I had it not long after my waters were broken because it helps if you have high BP to have an epi early. A couple of hours later I was having a caesar so it was probably just as well!
    I will have them charged with kidnapping and false imprisonment f my child- coz that baby is not leaving my side.
    Can I borrow that line too?? hehe

I'm not really sure what I had. LOL. Is that a bad thing ???

I know it went into my spine

Thanks Brooke, I am really slack at updating Tehya's site. I have the maximum pictures I'm allowed no there and hate the thought of taking old ones off. I will get there though.

I would love to see Charli again. I'm sure she has changed heaps since I last saw her

there was me and one other lady in recovery, the other lady was waking up from the GA and was screaming in pain... they kept telling her how to work the morphone drip, but she wouldnt press it. When i went back to the ward, it was just me, DH was up in the nurseries seeing our poor baby. I was so out of it. DH came back about 20 mins later, brought me a photo or our little princess. I slept with that pic on my hand, thats all i had seen of my baby, and all i would see for a day.

I had the anti-spew stuff, the nurse who was looking after me the afternoon i was in the labour ward (before i went to theatre) told me to skull it, as i probably wouldnt finish it if i tasted it... She was right. I cant remember her name, but when the dr told me i was going to have my baby that night, i bawled my eyes out, and the nurse (MW) cuddled me, then carefully did all the prep-catheter (did in the room so i wouldnt have to flash myself to everyone in theatre!!) bung, everything. She was so gentle and kind i was quite calm as i went into op room. I just wish she had have been on the ward with me. i had all the b1tches
    Last edited by simone; October 30th, 2006 at 02:49 PM.

Oh brooke you sound soooo empowered good for you hon! I love hearing that sort of strength

*hugs*
    Cailin

And i think i had a spinal... i think the diff is a spinal is one injection, whereas an epi can be topped up. Something like that.

I must have had a spinal then...

With the babies in the SCN I had only positive experiences there.. Iaac was in there for 16 days and Jacob for 3 and a half days... I to hated not having my babies with me but I didn't have much choice in the matter.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast