Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Caesarean General Chatter & Discussion #7

sajemsha Guest

wow Vicky {{hugs}} I hope this time goes smoother for you. I now how scarey things can get, I had the ceaser from hell last time, my spinal wore off when they started stiching, I was in agony, they ended up putting me under (they said they would of kept going but I was so tense they couldn't get my bowel back in..) despite that I had a fast recovery. I've had 3 ceasers and I didn't get to see any of my babies while in recovery, I was too out of it to worry about it at the time anyway. I'm due for my fourth ceaser and it scares the **** out of me, but the baby has to come out, so I'm going to have to go through it again. This time I'm getting my tubes tied.
    Has anyone had their tubes tied while having a ceaser or is going to get it done?
    I've heard horror stories about getting them done, but I want this to be my last bub (well last ceaser so that's how it has to be)
    take care all....

Hi ladies
    On the issue of BF in theatre & having baby in recovery with you, who do you discuss this with - long time beforehand? I'm doing shared care and won't be seeing an OB until after 20 weeks (public hospital) so where and when do I have this conversation about policies etc??

I would think this is more up to the midwives than the OB, but if I'm only seeing my GP and then the OB when will I get that contact???

Maybe you should ring your hospital and ask for advice. They might have policies in place that only allow you to have your baby with you if you have a midwife present. I know that Brooke has hired a privte midwife to ensure that she has her baby with her in recovery.

Mark&Jess Guest

Smile Caesarean Timing?

Hi All,
    It has been a long time since we have posted a message on Belly Belly, though regularly check in. I will describe our current situation:
    Our 2nd child is due in 2 -3 weeks. Our firstborn, Kristanna, came on time with a birth weight of 10lbs 7 (nothing abnormal, just a big baby) and was delivered by Caesarean as she was too big to fit out naturally.

We just had an Ultrasound last Friday, as the doctors are concerned that #2 will be a big baby too, and if so they are thinking of either inducing or an elective caesarean.

Our question... If an elective caesarean is decided upon, when are they normally done? IE will it be a few weeks or a few days before the due date??

Regards
    Mark & Jess (And Kristanna)

Mark, generally they will do the c section around 38 weeks or so.

Hoping all goes well with the upcoming birth of your new little bubba

Default c-section and gastroschisis baby...

Hi everyone...

I learned this week that I will have to have a caesarean birth after it was discovered that my baby has gastroschisis at my 18 week scan. I'm now faced not only with the prospect of my own surgery (the only time I have been in hospital was when I was born!) but the surgery on my beautiful precious baby immediatly after birth.

I am really sad that I will not be able to hold and feed my baby until who knows when??

I'm off to John Hunter Hospital tomorrow in Newcastle to meet with the doctors and surgeons.

:hugs: August_moon_mummy hope all is AOK, I think there was a baby on saving babies with something similiar

hope all is ok

Thanks so much Rach. The trip to newcastle yesterday went well and I was told by the doctor that I'd assumed wrong about the C-S as I will be induced! Very surprised but very happy! I will be preparing myself either way though, and I will be induced at 37 weeks as damage to the organs on the outside is said to get worse from then on in.

Yes there was a gastroschisis baby on saving babies, it was the first show and only one I've seen. It put me at ease immediatly having seen it as Issac is beautiful and healthy.

Thank you so much for your support.

sajemsha Guest

Post A different Question?

The doctor I'm now seeing was going to book the ceaser date at the last appoinment, but didn't because he said I was 5kg's of his highest weight for him to do the caeser (I think he's given up on me) I'm 115kg and his cut off is 120kg, yikes. If I don't stay under that I'll have to go to the hospital which is an hour away from here. I'm now 23 weeks so I'm not sure I can gain less then 5 kg's, it would be nice if I was to put nothing else on but no doubt I will. (I've had 3 babies over 10 pounds as well, that will nearly be the 5 kg's lol)
    Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation and what was the outcome?
    Thanks.

I had a ceza 3 years ago with my first baby,one week before I was due she hadnt dropped at all she was still sitting up under my ribs...I have been told by some doctors that it was just one of those things that happen and other doctors told me that its because my pelvis is too small to for a bub to fit through and that chances are ill probly have another ceza..Im nearly 11 wks pg and I really dont want to have another ceza.although i didnt have any probs with first one but i would just like to experience a natural birth(as silly as that may sound) lol. I will be very upset if i have to have another one,has this happened to anyone else??

Hi Fellow C/Sectioners

I am 31 weeks pregnant with bub #2. I had a c/s with my son 5 years ago because he was transverse lie. I have chosen to have another c/s as my first experience was great. I was up the next day and took care of my son the whole time i was in hospital, so i was very lucky and hope this c/s will be the same. Sometimes i don't just get how some females are disappointed to find out that they will have to have a c/s ??

As i said it's been 5 years since my c/s and just have a general question as i have forgotten how long (if any) there was vaginal bleeding after the c/s. I can remember that i had slight bleeding but not to the extent that i needed a thick maternity pad or anything. Is this the case? I need to pack my hospital bags and buy pads but just can't remember which ones i'll need. Can someone help me out on this please?

One thing that i am not looking forward to re: the c/s is the insertion of the catheter. I am absolutely loathing it.

Take care all.

hi there, im coming up to 4 weeks and still have light pinky discharge, i only used maternity super dooper pads for the first few days, once i got home i just used and am using normal ultra thins!! Am hoping it will stop altogether very soon!!!!! Good luck with it all!!!!

I still used the maternit pads for a few days then I went to the normal ones.. and just used light flow ones for home. I also used tampons after a couple weeks..

I had to use heavy duty surfboard pads for 2 weeks after mine.... Then regular pads for another 4 weeks.

Hello, I'm new to the whole CS thing, just wanted to pop in and say good luck to all the other ladies (like me) with a CS on the horizon.

Sehra, just wanted to point out that the catheter is not unique to CSs - I had two done in full labour agony (!) Maybe it won't be as uncomfortable this time as last time.

Sehra,

I had my second CS 8 weeks ago and the whole catheter thing was fine. They inserted it after the spinal had been done. I therefore didnt feel a thing. Opt for this and then you have nothing to worry about.

I used maternity ones in hopsital but was on freshness liners by day 6

Hey guys

Sorry to gatecrash this thread....but just didn't know where to put my post...I hope I'm in the right spot...

Just wanted to write a bit of a debrief after our antenatal class last night (it was on assisted births)...it was so distressing...I came out sobbing for the next few hours...

Firstly...some history...

I've been told by my Ob. that I will probably need to have a c-section due to some uterine surgery I have had previously...the surgery I had at the time, was very new, and there isn't much research about the ongoing effects on pregnancy and birth...except that there is about a 70% c-section rate following the surgery due to the risk of uterine rupture...

Anyway...I was devastated to find out that I might have a c-section (not because I'm anti c-section...it's just not what I was wanting) and have had to work really hard to get my head and heart around the disappointment...but felt I was sort of getting there...until last night!

Last night's class was on assisted deliveries (e.g. inductions, epidurals, forceps, c-sections, etc.). We had a new midwife, who initially was very funny and entertaining...but it was clear after a while where she stood on things...

It was clear that she was very pro-induction and very pro-epidural...apparently the hospital I'm at, has a 98% epidural rate...

Anyway...she asked if anyone was going to have a c-section. I said 'possibly' and was the only one out of about 20 women in the class who answered...she then went onto to talk about the c-section rate at the hospital (about 50%, I think!). Everyone was taken back...and one girl asked "why is it so high?", and the midwife's first answer was "well...basically we went through a stage where mums were too posh to push!"...she never fully clarified that elective c-sections are not just for "social" reasons (her words!)...and basically rushed over the fact that many c-sections are medically recommended...

I felt so deflated...in a room full of 40 people, I felt I was being judged...

The midwife went on to explain the c-section procedure...and basically couldn't have been more flippant if she tried...I was doing everything to try not to burst into tears...

She was describing the hats you need to wear, adding "I just think they make you wear them so you look silly"...and so on...I won't go into all the details but I just felt so humiliated...people were laughing at the jokes she was making about the stockings you need to wear, the 'boiler suits' that DH wears and the fact they strap you onto the table..."it's not really because they want you to stop running away...it's more that the table is on a slant", she said...

When I asked about the recovery, I felt dismissed as if it was a stupid question...

After she finished her blurb on c-sections, she looked at me and said "you still wanna have one?"

I said "it's not me who wants one...it's my doctor!"...and she just ignored it...

I asked about birth plans and basically she patronisingly said "if it makes you feel better...then have one"...what????

Basically, by the end of the night, I felt so alone. My DH was wonderful...but I just felt so unsupported...

I'm really scared about a c-section and feel like I haven't had a choice in it...I understand that I probably need to have one for my baby's and my health...and I thought that midwives would understand that...

In the end she said something like "if you don't have the birth that you're happy with, it's probably because you made the wrong choices"...

WHAT????

Everyone else was laughing and having fun...and I just felt ashamed...

Sorry this has been so long...thanks for taking the time to read it...
    Last edited by monnie; June 13th, 2007 at 12:22 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast