thread: Caesarean General Chatter & Discussion #8

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Jan 2007
    7,197

    Starbright - sorry your experience at your hospital isn't the best hun.... staff at most hospitals are just so overworked and are so busy aren't they. How exciting hun! Only 5 weeks to go!!!

    Charlismumma - I am definately going to have a vbac!! I am hiring a doula, reading, exercising, hopefully doing a calm/hypnobirthing class and basically doing everything I can to have this baby vaginally! I know there is always a possibility that it may not happen but I will be able to look back and know that I did all I could! I got to 9cms dilated with Iz, so I KNOW my body knows what to do and I had my c/s for "failure to progress" after 36 hours.... disappointing and I never should have been induced but ah well, can't change it all now.
    I am booked at the Mercy in Heidleburg right now but am contemplating going to the Monash Hospital, which apparantly have a much more VBAC friendly approach so will be calling both this week and making a decision!

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jan 2008
    Just Coasting
    1,794

    Thats great Tanstar, I'm sure that you will VBAC beautifully.
    How old will Izzy be when her little brother arrives?

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Jan 2007
    7,197

    Thanks hun!!! She will be 16 1/2 mths if he is on time! Nice close gap- people keep telling me how busy I will be and how I will have my hands full - Um Im pretty sure I KNOW that and don't need them to tell me! Im already thinking about what it was like with Izzy and what it will be like having another baby plus a very demanding toddler! Thank goodness for my mum who is a phone call away!

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Jan 2008
    Just Coasting
    1,794

    Oh yes, You've gotta love your mum! I told mine that if she wants anymore grandbabies she has to come and live with us for at least a month when I bring the next baby home.
    Not sure if this is true, but I'd like to think that it is. Someone said that it is harder going from zero babies to one (and adjusting to the huge life change), than it is going from having one to having two.

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Jan 2007
    7,197

    I will let you know- but I guess it makes sense as we have a bit of an idea of what's to come! having a baby won't be all new - it will just be juggling the 2!!! Mum wants to take Izzy for a day a week for me because they baby sit while I work now and are going to miss seeing her so I said - go for it! Will give me time with my little man, plus on other days she can take him and I can have days with my girl!! Gotta love 'em I really admire people who do it all with zero family support!

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Jan 2008
    Just Coasting
    1,794

    Thats a great idea. And Izzy will enjoy spending her 1 day a week being spoilt by grandma also.

    I work 4 days a week atm and I am lucky enough to have mum look after Charli on the days that I work.

  7. #7
    Registered User

    Jan 2007
    7,197

    I just looked at this thread and thought - mmmm Spice, must be a new member!

    Just thought I would post this thread from a while ago we were chatting about VBAC's and it answers a bunch of questions really well. Also wanted to see how everyone was travelling!

    HERE it is,(mod approved) and I also wanted to pop in and say I have booked my doula, have stacks of dvd's and books to read and keep researching for myself and am feeling super positive right now! Thanks for all the support ladies!

Similar Threads

  1. Being Seduced to Induce: What Women Should Know About Their OBs
    By BellyBelly in forum Induction Education and Information
    : 20
    : June 27th, 2014, 06:35 PM
  2. 90% Caesarean Rate in 2 Decades?
    By BellyBelly in forum Birth Forums
    : 18
    : April 3rd, 2011, 05:30 PM
  3. Caesarean General Chatter & Discussion #7
    By Astrolady in forum Caesarean Section Discussion & Support
    : 158
    : May 15th, 2008, 09:46 PM