Two CS, DH hasn't stayed with me either time, public hospital not an option but I would have hated him staying, I think would have been quite annoying really. I preferred just doing my own thing and not having to think about anyone else . First time was in 5 nights, he just used to come in and see us after work, I was a bit envious a couple of times of people with more visitors (family all overseas, did have two friends come in), but I didn't find it tough at all, midwives just a buzz away and after first day I could do everything myself anyway. I caught up on sleep, when DD slept, did some reading and knitting was quite pleasant really. Second time DS born on Sunday arvo, DH worked the Monday, my mum was over to help look after DD too. I was in three nights, desperate to get home that time.