I too lost my first baby and then had to have a C/s for my second. I was in a public hospital as due to the risks I was not allowed to go to a different one (this was the tertiary hospital).
I live about an hour out of town and due to this the MW said I'd have to stay in hospital for about 5 days.
I informed them due to my previous loss and the c/s that I'd go home after 48 hours unless my hubby could stay and I had a pvt room. I spoke to people right up the chain about this.(dr's, social workers, Midwives )
I ended up with a pvt room. I just couldn't have coped being in hospital without my hubby after the outcome of losing our little Ellen last time.
They were really good and understanding and I got what I needed to not be a screaming loony :-)
Good luck. Put a bit of pressure on. It works wonders!
Bookmarks