thread: Do you still have 'the hang'?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Sep 2005
    In the middle of nowhere
    9,362

    Yep me too.
    Though saying that all the skin is very loose and I don't know that it actually has anything to do with the scars that are there or if it would still be there if not.

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Apr 2009
    Vic
    337

    i didnt notice it much with my first child who was delivered by c-sect, but after the 2nd (9yrs ago) it was there and has been ever since. I found that if i lost weight, it shrunk, but it became more wrinkly because the skin was so stretched during pregnancy. After my 3rd (4yrs ago) it was worse but that may have been because i never really bothered with exersizes to get rid of it.

    Is it really only c-sect's that cause the overhang? What changes occur with a normal delivery tummy?

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Dec 2008
    8,986

    I didn't have a c/s and I have the overhang. I hate it.

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Apr 2009
    Vic
    337

    I didn't have a c/s and I have the overhang. I hate it.
    thats good to know lol

    Im pretty sure its the result of the skin being overstretched....its like blowing up a balloon then letting out the air. The balloon is never as firm.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Follow Pandora On Twitter

    Jan 2005
    cowtown
    8,276

    Maz has a word for this, but I prefer 'apron'

    It comes down to skin elasticity as much as anything else.
    I had it before having kids because Id lost a large amount of weight and have not very elastic skin.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Add krysalyss on Facebook

    Feb 2007
    on the move.....
    2,745

    3 years and still have it.
    Don't think it will go back to the way it was. Makes me look a little pg. I didn't have a c/s but did get lots of tummy stretch marks and that is what mine is from. I am hoping my other skin around my midriff will tighten as I lose more weight and will help a bit (I am a healthy weight but a large tummy size for my weight)
    Sorry I couldn't give better news.

  7. #7
    Registered User

    Mar 2007
    6,900

    I don't have it. I don't really know what you mean?? My tummy isn't flat, never was anyway, but there's no hanging going on, lol.

  8. #8

    Dec 2005
    not with crazy people
    8,023

    Maz has a word for this, but I prefer 'apron'
    and that would be GUNT

    and yep....I didnt have it after number 1...number 2 it was slight but OMG its horrible now...4 c/s under my belt and ive got double banger boobies

  9. #9
    Registered User

    Dec 2007
    Victoria
    7,260

    Still have it

    For those who are unsure exactly what we are talking about...
    Caesarean Scar Photos