Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Oh so you cheated"

Tigergirl1980 Guest

OMG what a cow, like it's any of her business. It really gets on my wick when people say things like that, a birth is a birth, the baby is out isn't it?? I can't believe the people that feel a c/s is not really birth etc, and they feel that it's a competition.

Next time someone asks you that you should say "does it matter? She's out isn't she?" Or have a t-shirt made up that says "I gave birth by caesarian section, you got a problem with that?".

Ooooh, there you go Kel Bellybelly should have slogan t-shirts (besides the Bellybelly ones) with funny slogans on them.

Kirsty77 Guest

I know exactly how you feel Linda.Firstly let me say that I (and most women who've had a c/s)wanted with all my heart to have a natural birth and its even more gutting when someone comments to me that I didn't do it properly/had it easy cause I had a c/s.Secondly I went through 23 hours of labour before having a c/s, its like giving birth twice cause your so sore from contractions then the c/s itself. My story and yours is all to familar unfortunetly and it really ticks me off these people who feel the need to make us feel unworthy as mothers.

Bug hugs to you Linda.............................

Pietta Guest

I was just like Kirsty 20 hours in labour then having a c/s- i tell everyone that i gave birth twice it felt like- Grrr at stupid women who think they know everything. Isnt it the case even when women say- oh i wouldnt let my son/daughter do that.

I honestly dont know what i would have done in that situation- good on you for keeping your cool HUGS!!

Linda - I mentioned to DH what happened to you and he said if anyone mentioned anything like that to me that he`d tell them 'How would you like a 10cm cut right across your abdomen?' Lets say he was far from imprssed

Christy - OMG @ the too posh too push

One word ... UNBELIEVABLE

I feel pitty for the poor woman who made that comment. That her life, her world and her mind are all so small that she has no compassion and nor sense of decency. Se obviously doesn't know anyone who has been thru a c/s as if she did she would know it is NOT easy by any measure. What is even worse is that When I had Kat, I had an RN I worked with say the same thing to me. AN RN for godssake!!!!! She's SEEN the results of c/s's and KNOWS it involves MAJOR surgery and yet she still thinks that!!!!

I just ignored the comment as I know I did NOT have it easy EITHER time!! With Kat I went thru HOURS and HOURS of labour only to end up c/s due to fetal distress and this time I had no choice as my baby was at risk and nothing is worth that! ESPECIALLY not someones STUPID view that c/s is "cheating".

If people who make these comments KNEW someone, were CLOSE to someone, who'd had a c/s they sure would change their minds FAST! My family and friends sure as HELL know it's not easy. I deal with pain very well yet the pain I had having a c/s the first time made me SO SCARED of the second one..... The pain cannot be discribed and the disconfort lasts for months where as after a vaginal birth, the pain fades quickly and you recover faster.....

Anyway, I'm off topic. I just wish people who have NFI about a something like this would just keep their mouths SHUT!

OMG how rude that woman was. :evil: You definitley did not cheat at all, Linda. You did what was in the best for you and bubs.

LOL Bec!! The "I gave birth by caesarian section, you got a problem with that?" shirt sounds like a great idea

Nic

Tigergirl1980 Guest

would certainly stick it right up people I reckon.

Pietta Guest

I would order one

Melody Guest

Bored AND stupid.... that lady must be so proud! ](*,)

Grrr @ her!

You guys are all so awesome!! Thanks so much for your support!!

ROFL Bec about the TShirt!! I think its a great idea!.....imagine all the comments then... :shock:

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Indeed Linda, or you could have a suit or t-shirt for babies saying "I was born by caesarian section, what's it to ya?"

PMSL Bec!! How cute!!

Fee Guest

Some people are so rude. That's unbelievable! [-(

I think if I had been on the receiving end of the comment I would have been in tears and probably yelled hysterically at her! I find it hard enough at times dealing with "well meaning" friends and acquaintances who still ask questions about my c/section.

I went through 30+ hours of labour attempting to have a natural birth, using only gas a pain relief. Bubs was not coming, so the OB attempted a ventouse extraction and then considered forceps In the end she came out with a c/section. When DH called a friend who was also pregnant the first thing to come out of her mouth was "Oh, well I 'M going to have a natural birth" WTF as if I had a choice, we had tried all other options and they did not work.

Even after 5 months I still get asked why I had a c/section, for some reason people seem to think the answer will change.

BTW the "friend" did end up having a natural birth, good for her, but for some reason she moves and behaves like someone who has had a c/section.

Astrid

Debbie Lee Guest

OMG! I can't believe that woman! What an aweful, horrible and ill-informed thing to say to someone who has a little baby! Good on you for standing up for yourself, Linda!
    There is nothing more infuriating than women that have had several natural births without a problem thinking that women who can't do the same are just taking the easy way out. How nice would it be if we were all able to pop 'em out in a few hours?
    It's fantastic that she was able to labour so well - good on her. BUT that doesn't give her the right to make everyone else feel terrible that can't do the same thing.
    As someone that's had a c-section, I know how feelings of guilt and disappointment can plague your mind because you weren't able to give birth naturally so you don't need complete strangers sticking their noses in to try and make you feel even worse!
    The way I see it is, if we were all forced to labour the way "God intended" then the statistics of still-born babies and deaths during labour would sky-rocket. Some people just don't use their brains and think "Hey, maybe she had to have a caesar because her life or the baby's life was at risk". It's not like you wander into the hospital and choose one off a menu or something!!! Sheesh!!

Anyway... like my Mum said (to make light of the fact that she had to have 4 caesars after her 1 and only natural birth resulted in the baby being still-born) - at least caesar babies come out with nice, round heads!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast