Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Oh so you cheated"

Custardtart Guest

"at least caesar babies come out with nice, round heads!"
    True, Debbie Lee, but only the planned ones. If you've had a caesar after a full day of labour, like a few of us here, you still get the squashed head - so no bonus there! My poor little man had a bright red, round bruise on top of his head for a couple of days from my trying to push him out - but, of course, he's perfect now!

Kerrie

Thanks Deb, I really appreciate your comments. And as for the head - Emma had a real cone head too!! The midwives couldnt believe she had been born by C/S!! hee hee :-s

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL... come to think of it, Gabby's head was a little coney for a while too (after all, she had tried to come out the 'normal' way).
    I guess Mum was just referring to her planned ones.

Yeah I'd say so Deb, I'm hoping for a nice round head next time LOL

lol at the head shapes, Bryn was born natural and had a perfectly round head, but I went from 4cm to delivered in under 2 hours, that could have something to do with it #-o

jaggard Guest

I'm sitting here Gob Smacked. People really have no idea when it comes to tact! How dare that woman say that.
    Can't stand the narrowminded and she certainley sounds like one of them.

I find it's the older generation that always have the comments like that.

GRRRRR :evil: to her
    and a
    BIG HUG to you......

My DD had a conehead too!!
    Deb- You're right about how nice it would be if we could all pop em out in a few hours. One day at the hospital, DH's grandmother asked my nan about me. when she said that my mum was helping me in the shower/getting dressed.. she was like "Well, we've all been there"!! Like I was making it out to be worse than it was. I wasn't fortunate enough like her to have my child on the back seat of the car on the way to the hospital!! (I dislike that woman with a passion)

Nic

Linda - that woman is a beeyatch!!

Some people are so competitive. It doesn't matter how the baby gets here, so long as you are both well. Some people need to just get over it!

Something Kaz Cooke says in "Up the Duff" might help you ... remember when people make comments like that to you, it isn't about you, it's about THEM.

Thanks Melbo, good call!

Melbo that is a great comment to remember! I think it can be applied to almost everything in life.

Luckily, I have never had anyone pass a comment like that to me, I'm sure I'd floor them!
    DD was born 7 weeks early because of my pre-eclampsia. The C/s was because of my health.
    DH was understanding & asked whether I felt bad for having a c/s & I said that it was a minor part in the whole scheme of being a Mum. It doesn't even cross my mind.

A friend of mine had a bad encounter at the hospital after she'd had an emergency c/s & her DS life was in the balance. That is the worst thing I can ever imagine.

*Yvette* Guest

She what?!!? :shock:

Common sense, decency and good manners should guide us when talking to a mother about her experiences, as with anything.

It's not polite to ask a specific question about something which could be considered very personal. If you're chatting to another mum, you may want to share your own experiences as a way of inviting her to do the same if she chooses to. Obviously, if you're in a supermarket queue you would keep it very brief and friendly.

I love what you said Kelly about us needing the opportunity to fully debrief our experiences. Perhaps that is what this woman's problem was (other than being a stupid cow, lol).

And obviously you should never never never pass judgement on someone, ever, over anything, including like I just did calling that stupid cow a stupid cow 8-[

There's always some silly ***** who thinks you've done it wrong, however you've birthed & for whatever reasons. Giving birth is not a bloody competition. Thank goodness we have BellyBelly where we can discuss our experiences in a supportive and non judgemental environment.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123