Wow! Thanks girls. It's a relief to read some happy c/s stories. It would be really good if there was a place for positive c/s stories within the birth stories section. They are, after all, still as valid a birth story as any other
Sophia - I also had a traumatic VB with DD (which took months to heal) and after much reading and discussion with DH we decided an elective c/s best this time for many reasons. I feel very empowered in having made this decision for my baby and myself. However, like you mentioned I feel like this is often seen as less acceptable in some people's eyes. I've been thinking that the amount of c/s horror stories can't be statistically indicative of how it is. I think maybe women that had a difficult c/s have a greater need to talk it through to help them process it, which I can totally understand after my VB.
rufalina - I've heard a few ladies mention the blood tests that are done before a c/s but no-one has mentioned these to me yet. Should I ask at my next appt? Do you know what they are testing for?
Also any suggestions for the best pain relief after? I know from previous surgery I've had that morphine makes me very drowsy and I want to be with it after the wee guy arrives so I can get straight on to breast feeding. I realise that any narcotic will probably make me a bit sleepy and I'll probably need something like this to begin with but I'm keen to minimize this as much as possible, kwim?
Bookmarks