Oh thanks PumpkinZuluAlthough I'm very content with my decision, and those that frown on elective c/s don't upset me, it's always nice to have others let me know they are understanding and supportive of my choice. I'm totally going in to the experience with a positive and informed attitude; believing it will be an amazing experience for me and DH but knowing there are risks that may not be able to be avoided (as there are with a VB too).
melbel - your story sounds great! And wow to being able to cut your toenails![]()
That makes me think of another question I had. The info pack I was given said I have to remove all nail polishDo they realise how long it's been since I've had naked toenails?! Does anyone know why they don't like painted nails in surgery?
Kim - thanks for the pain relief info. I'm hoping that I will have an anaesthetist that I know - just have to ask him if he can be available for me on the day. I had a few probs with an epidural when I had DD so it's something I'm a little nervous about and I'd feel much more relaxed if he could be there. I demand fed DD and didn't have any trouble with milk coming in or feeding but I know it can be a little slower for some women after a c/s so I'll be sure to have the boobies ready to go anytime!
It seems one of the best things to do to help recovery is to get up and moving as soon as you can after. Did you all find that? I can't imagine wanting to stay in bed for too long anyway. I'll be wanting to do as much for the baby as I can and I'm guessing I'll probably also want a shower as soon as possible?
You guys are great! So much help![]()




Although I'm very content with my decision, and those that frown on elective c/s don't upset me, it's always nice to have others let me know they are understanding and supportive of my choice. I'm totally going in to the experience with a positive and informed attitude; believing it will be an amazing experience for me and DH but knowing there are risks that may not be able to be avoided (as there are with a VB too).
Do they realise how long it's been since I've had naked toenails?! Does anyone know why they don't like painted nails in surgery?
Reply With Quote
Bookmarks