Was the spinal block/epidural painful? Not at all... I was having contractions during the time, so I didn't notice that being painful at all.
When was the catheter inserted, did it hurt? I didn't feel it because it was after the epidural was placed
Was your partner with you the whole time? Yes, except when he went with Matilda for 5 minutes to do the apgar & weight and he got the first skin to skin with her.
Do they check that you are fully numb before they cut? (Huge fear on that one) They didn't with me because we had a problem with Matilda & my blood pressure and they just had to go then & there...I was numb within 5 minutes though (sorry...)
How long did the birth take and then how much longer to remove the placenta, sew you up etc? 20 minutes
How long were you in recovery for and could your partner and baby there? I was in recovery 30 minutes and Matilda was bf the whole time, she went straight on my bb as soon as we got into recovery. DH left 5 minutes earlier to set up the room & get changed
When were the drip and catheter removed? I removed the drip myself 8-[ a few hours post c/s, the catheter was removed at 5 am the next morning (c/s at 6pm) and the drain (to collect blood) was removed at 6pm that next night.
When were you up and walking? a few hours afterwards, around 2am I went stir crazy and ripped out the drip and jumped out of bed and into the shower...
Was the bleeding(lochia) heavy/how long did it last?I bleed for 2 weeks heavily and then for 2-3 more weeks light.
What pain relief did you have and for how long? For 3 days I had brufen & panadol and then after that just panadol.

HTH!