Was the spinal block/epidural painful? Nope, I had it done earlier in the day & I was having contractions at the time.

When was the catheter inserted, did it hurt? Nope, didn't feel it cos I already had the epidural in.

Was your partner with you the whole time? Nope. When he got into the surgical gear & then he had to wait until they made the first incision. He went with Zander for weighing, injections etc & then came back when I was ready to leave recovery almost an hour later.

Do they check that you are fully numb before they cut? (Huge fear on that one) Yup.

How long did the birth take and then how much longer to remove the placenta, sew you up etc? Not entirely sure 8-[

How long were you in recovery for and could your partner and baby there? About an hour & they were only with me for the last 15mins or so.

When were the drip and catheter removed? Cathetar about 16hrs after, drip was 3 days later as they were worried I had an infection so I was getting IV antibiotics.

When were you up and walking? C-Section at 1.20am, walking at 11.30pm.

Was the bleeding(lochia) heavy/how long did it last? Very heavy for 2 weeks & then lighter for another 6 weeks.

What pain relief did you have and for how long? Morphine injections x 2 on the day of the c/s. After that it would have been Panadeine Forte, but I'm allergic to codeine so I had something else (can't remember the name) for 2 days. Then nothing.