Thread: Silly Ceasar Questions

Default Silly Ceasar Questions

HI All,

Well I am three weeks almost since my C section and I have a couple of q's that seem silly and I didn't know who to ask then I found this thread and I am rapt.

OK so silly question 1 -

What is normal pain to experience by this stage? I moved awkwardly a week or so ago and felt an unusual pain. There was no extra bleeding and every now and then I still get some red blood but not gushing IYKWIM. Now just underneath where my belly button is its tender and sore when poked. I have no idea if this is normal it runs right across that section of belly so have put it down to the second cut ?

Silly question 2 -

When are you allowed to have a bath and does temperature matter??? I am dying for a good long soak in a hot bath with my candles and a glass of red (this is richly deserved after the past 6 weeks) but am worried about soaking and the stitches melting or something ridiculous like that.

Silly question 3 -

how long does it take for the belly to go down? now that Nikita is out and is not with us I hate my belly and with the C-Section it looks worse because the stiched section makes more of a bulge (sorry can't explain it better)

Silly question 4 -

When do you start moving normally? I still find it painful gettig up out of bed, on and off a seat, I can't lie on my side or walk normally I feel like a little old lady

Hoping someone can shed some light

Nae x

I think you should get checked out.
    A friend of mine had an emergency c/s & lost her baby 6 days later. I went over for the funeral & took her home with me for a few days. She couldn't walk any great distance, but she could walk. That was about 2 weeks after. I think you should still be a bit uncomfortable, but the tenderness you have just under your belly button doesn't sound right.
    Haven't had one personally, so not an expert.

Hope I helped a bit. Wish I could help more. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeNae View Post
    HI All,

Well I am three weeks almost since my C section and I have a couple of q's that seem silly and I didn't know who to ask then I found this thread and I am rapt.

OK so silly question 1 -

What is normal pain to experience by this stage? I moved awkwardly a week or so ago and felt an unusual pain. There was no extra bleeding and every now and then I still get some red blood but not gushing IYKWIM. Now just underneath where my belly button is its tender and sore when poked. I have no idea if this is normal it runs right across that section of belly so have put it down to the second cut ?

I still had some mild pain especially if I over did it.. If I moved awkardly I would be sore the next day.. 4 weeks after my 2nd c/s I walked my eldest son to school and paid for it for a week.. You might want to get the pain near your belly button checked incase you have pulled a internal stitch or something

Silly question 2 -

When are you allowed to have a bath and does temperature matter??? I am dying for a good long soak in a hot bath with my candles and a glass of red (this is richly deserved after the past 6 weeks) but am worried about soaking and the stitches melting or something ridiculous like that.

I had a bath once my bleeding slowed.. I was a bit naughty though and was using tampons by this stage. I figured I did have a V birth it was ok.. no idea if it was or not but never did me any harm.. and I did it for my last 2 c/s

Silly question 3 -

how long does it take for the belly to go down? now that Nikita is out and is not with us I hate my belly and with the C-Section it looks worse because the stiched section makes more of a bulge (sorry can't explain it better)

This I can't remember.. with my 1st c/s It was pretty quick but my son was ill so I was running up and down to the hosp so that may have helped a bit.. This time I am still waiting as I haven't been doing anything about it So sorry I can't help you out here

Silly question 4 -

When do you start moving normally? I still find it painful gettig up out of bed, on and off a seat, I can't lie on my side or walk normally I feel like a little old lady

Are you over doing it? you still need to take things slowly.. if you try to do things to fast you are bound to pull muscles and strain them.. make sure you stand as tall as possible not hunched over.. This will help keep the muscles as they should be

Hoping someone can shed some light

Nae x
    I hope I have helped some.

14 months on and still waiting

i can't remember being told not to have a bath? not sure when i first had one... as for the pain etc, i was physically exhausted for months after losing so much blood and having a transfusion, and my red blood cells were non existant and i had no iron, but besides all that i was up and about after about a week... i was off the pain meds when i came home from hospital.... its all a bit of a blur though, i hope i never have to do it again.

Hi NaeNae
    You have just had major surgery; you can expect to have some pain for the next few weeks. Bleeding can continue for up to six weeks. If it is sore when you poke under your belly button then don’t poke it. (Sorry could not resist that). When you have a CS your insides are bashed about quite violently, it is quite normal to have pain like you describe.
    You can have a bath at any time it will not do you any harm.
    It can take a long time for your belly to get back to normal.
    You use your stomach muscles a lot more than most people think. When getting out of bed or up off a seat you put a lot of pressure on these muscles. The amount of pain you are feeling should start to reduce over the next week or two.

I think the pain between your bely button & the wound is actualy muscle pain from where they were all stretched about to get all your insides out (gross as it sounds). I'm 4 weeks past my c/s and still have the pain when I touch the area more than just a light tough IYKWIM. My bleeding was quite full on until just two days ago, but after my first c/s it was red for 5 weeks & then continued lighter for another week after.

When are you allowed to have a bath and does temperature matter???

Good question & thnks Alan for the answer, I was wondering the same!

IKWYM about the bulge, I have no idea when it will go though. After my first c/s I didn't have the bulge so who knows. Other than that my belly has slowly been going down day by day. That said, it still feels like jelly which is gross, so I'll be doing some exercises to tighten everything up after 2 months.

I've only been moving properly for the last week. I had a little step next to my bed to help me get in & out, then one day at around 3 weeks I realised I had just gotten into bed fairly easily without the step. From then on, things got better. Still now I feel uncomfortable to stretch up high, like the washing line or wen crouching down.

Be kind to yourself hun, you've just had major abdominal surgery, it takes time. I'm sure as well with all of the other things that have happened over the last few weeks that you've been concentrating on everything else which would make it harder to look after yourself & rest as much as you need.

Enjoy your long hot soak hun *hugs*

Thanks everyone,

You never know what is normal etc do you. after everything that has happened leading up to Nikita's birth and then her passing my mind has been a bit of a mushy mass not absorbing everything.

Alan,

Thanks so much, I really want to give you such a monster hug especially after everything leading up to my hospital stay.
    Now thats typical nurse humour right there isn't it thats exactly what my mother said to but its hard not to touch and poke.

Me thinks I probably have been over doing it a bit, I guess I am just trying to get back to some sort of a normal life and forget that it is a major abdominal surgery.

Thank you everyone for your responses, tonight I shall endulge and have a hot bath.

Nae x

Enjoy it! Hope your feeling better soon.