I asked him everything I wanted to know, except the first question on my list, "when do he thinks i have to stop working". I wanted to ask that right at the end, but got so excited about his positive attitude that I totally missed it going thru my list again
I asked the date: 19 Dec
The time: Early 7am/8am (first c/s for the day)
I'm getting a spinal
Catheter inserted AFTER the spinal and stays in for at least 18 hours. I don't really like the fact that it's going to stay in that long, BUT I'll try and pursuade him later to take it out earlier.
Stapels again, he prefer it that way
I can hold my baby imediatly and if I wish I can start bfing in the theater
I can't take a video camara into the theater, but I can take a digital camara AND he says that he usually organise with the pead that's on standby for the baby, to take the pictures, because the pead is not emotionally involved and can take better pics than a daddy ... makes sense to me
I won't be watching the c/s - I want it like that. I'm just scared that it's to shocking for me and that I will then have difficutly bonding with ds ... after witnessing the cutting and guts and fluid and ... just my personal feeling
DH don't want to cut the cord, neither does I. He is fine with that, but if we decide otherwise on the day .. no problem.
About the finances ... he (the ob) is going to be chatting with my medical aid to cover ALL bills We won't be paying a cent. That is a huge burden off our shoulders. It's something in our medical aid's rules about covering all expenses for a pg after a high-risk pg. So I understand. But he told us not to worry, he will not be billing us more than the medical aid's rate and that we won't have to pay excess or anything. Pheww!! I'm birthing in a private hossie, so that is really a relief
So there you have it. He told me that if anything pops in my head, I can just phone him, or discuss it at our next visit. He is a straight forward, no nonsens guy and I just adore the juice out of him. And DH loves his strict to-the-point bed-side manner. He talks like a guy to DH Makes me feel he is control and knows what he is doing.
I also told him that IF things go sour ... he knows what I want, and that I wll just leave everything in his hands to do what he thinks is best at that given moment. So IF this bubba comes early, he is in charge of gettting bubba out safe and me healthy again.
Bookmarks