I had 2 vaginal births before a c/section with my third. The reason I had an elective c/section for my fourth and not a VBAC: I wasn't given a choice - they said I was, but there really was no option. Hospital policy and I didn't go into labour by myself by 38w3d and due to him being a 'large' baby, they wouldn't let me deliver naturally. DS2 was 3.7kg when he was born - the smallest of all my babies ironically.

With my first c/section, it was planned (due to footling breech baby) but turned into an emergency c/s when I had a very fast progressing labour 3 hours before my scheduled c/section. The recovery was very painful and I was quite badly bruised. I had an elective one this time, and despite it not being the way I hoped it would happen, everything was much calmer, my scar is a lot less painful and my recovery has been so much better. Everything has been different this time.