Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: $600 per child payment

Last yr at tax time I only got part of the $600 cause I hadnt had DD for a yr so this yr I will the full $600.

I havnt worked at all since Oct 06 but I have paid abit of tax (when I was getting some PPP from centrelink) so do I lodge a tax return?

I have to lodge one for DH but his wont be ready for a few weeks so does that mean I wont get the $600 till DH does his tax?

no supplement payments (the $600) are generated til you've both done your tax return. if you've paid tax, and you want it back, you need to do a return. otherwise you notify ATO you're not lodging (i think if you've paid and you're not gonna claim it back it's called a nil return) - and then FAO that you won't be lodging

given that you've paid tax, and obviously have net connection ( ) - download e tax and fo your return - that will notify FAO of your income - and they you just have to nag DH to do his!

Yes because the tax office needs to check his taxable income to be sure there was no overpayment of FTB before the $600 is paid. As long as you don't end up with a FTB debt then you'll get it all. They will take anything owing out of that if need be.

LOL BG good timing!

heheheh - i always find the right time to pop in Raven!

Ok BG, can I pick your brain please hon???

We estimated Dh's income exactly, so no over or under payment needed. I dont need to lodge a tax return, just DH. I get a little FTB A & full B.

Once DH does his tax, and I notify that I'm not, what payments am I entitled to, and how much??

Kanes doctors are considering moving his next two surgeries closer, and DH is out of holidays still from the last one . So any spare cash coming soon can help replace his lost pay!!

Thanks if you can help babe!!!

Oops, forgot!!... We have 5 kidlets, and Kane for almost the full year...

Isn't there the $600 per child for the family tax A, $300ish per family if you receive family tax B. You get 30% of your out of pocket child care expenses.

I had a question about the parenting payment - I have been receiving the parenting payment (single) since December and I understand I will get a statement from Centrelink about it to use in my tax return (I also have a part time job).

Can centrelink take a tax componant out of the PP during the year ?

I usually look forward to tax time with all the payments, top ups and rebates, but I am a bit worried that it will be eroded by tax not being taken out of my 'pension'.

thanks !

Another quick question, we hadn't had DS for a year so do we only get part of the $600 or will we get the full $600? I get Tax A and B.

for those who had kidlets in the last financial year, you'll get a prorata amount of the $667 part a supplement for that child (and if it's your first child, same with happen with part b supp).

if you have shared care of your children (so another person had them more than 10% of the time and claimed FTB) you'll get the equiv percentage of that payment for that child

tax CAN be deducted from parenting payment - you just need to call and request it

if you've been single and on income support for more then 300 days in the financial year, supplement payments will be automatically generated before the middle of August

now, if you estimate EXACTLY for your income and have received fll fttb for the year (as in PM's case), you'll get

$667 (plus a few odd cents) ftb a supplement for each child that you had in your care full time for the FULL financial year
    $324 (plus odd cents) ftb b supplement for the FAMILY (so only one of these)

for any child that was born during the financial year, or came into your care during the financial year, left during financial year - or whatever other possible permutations there could be!
    that $667 will be worked out to a daily rate, and you'll be paid the daily rate for the number of days you had that child in your care (ie, someone who had the child for 183 days - half the year - would receive 333.50 - half the payment. or someone that shared care 50/50 with another person - same deal)

hope that helps

BG

Thanks hon!!!
    So I'll get the $667 x 5 (Kane's B day the 18.7.07, so close to the full year!)
    and $324 x 1.
    So around $3600?!

Wow, if only we could blow it on a holiday!!!

But being able to pay off the bills we've accumulated with me not working, and poor Kane draining the cash, will be SOOO good!!!!

Thanks again babe!

you're welcome PM.

BG, does this supplement show up on your Tax Assessment Notice?

I was unsure if I received it last year (or was it the year before?) as my step dad did my return for me.
    Is it auto-generated/reconciled? How can I double check I did receive it last year??

if you received it through ATO, it will show as FTB reconcilliation amount on your notice of assessment - but it's not paid with your ATO payment that often

if it has been paid via ATO, you should have still received a notice from FAO to explain it all. if it was 2 years ago, were you partnered at the time, and if so, has HE done his tax return - cos there may be a hold up for that reason...

I never get this payment. Don't know whether it's just too hard for them to work it out in a blended family situation or what. I haven't worked since 2005 and still have never got this and I'm always on the phone to c/link trying to figure out what we have received and if we are having to pay anything back or missing anything.

I'll call them up tomorrow and see what they say, I guess.

make yourself a coffee and a cut lunch canberra momma - the queue's are horrific at the moment!!

if you have a previous year FTB debt, supplement payments will be used to pay them. if you have a tax liability and lodge a tax return, you may receive your payment via ATO instead of FAO. if one of you hasn't done your tax return (or notified FAO that you don't need to lodge) it won't have generated supplement payments. if you've underestimated DH's income, your supplements will be used to pay back any money you weren't entitled to

i'm not saying ANY of these apply to you or your circumstances, just floating a few ideas. if you're FTB current (so receiving payments fortnightly) and haven't received a letter saying you need to pay back money you have received in the years ending jun 2005 or earlier, your reconcilliation of payments has happened - you might just need a bit of an explanation of the outcome.

as i said, it's really really really busy at the moment, so be prepared to wait - and don't take it out on the poor sap that answers the phones! we're doing our best i promise!!

Aw [email protected] Might just wait till Tom lodges then. We can always do with the $$$$ but we ain't starving so methinks waiting on the 'phone during the school hols may not be the BEST idea, huh?

If it's not sorted (aw double [email protected], just realised we can't lodge online this year as we don't have access to a MS box!) I might follow it up after.

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I'm new to the whole centrelink payment. This is the first time we've claimed any centrelink payments ever. So, what is this payment for and do I have to ask for it, or will I get it automatically when we do our tax?

Thanks in advance!

If I was partnered for part of year (separated in April), do I still have to wait for his tax return to be processed before they will pay my supplement. I have lodged my return which is actually a loss, do I let them know that also as ATO didn't start processing returns until 7th July?
    Thanks

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast