Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how do i know if we're getting any money back from centrelink?

call FAO tomorrow hun - the ftbb is right - it is dependent on the age of youngest child and income of lower income earner - so whether you have 1 or 10 kids, your ftbb supplement will be the same
    the only thing i can think that would have reduced your ftba supplement, if you over estimated for part a, is if you had a lower income estimate at some point, or the maintenance assessment. when he does his tax will not hold up your supplements at all. give fao a call (bang on 8 if you can - we've been quiet til qld joins the queues at around 8.30 your time) and ask what it was that reduced your supplement. someone will pull it all apart for you. we can pull it apart down to a daily payment over the year if needed

maybe you need to wait for the other parent to lodge their tax to receive the FTBA for the child you receive child support for.???

nope
    doesn't work like that hun
    your payment is based on the child support you actually receive in the year - the only thing that changes when he does his tax return is the current year entitlement/assessment

I did have it lower at one point, I raised it by $3000 to cover the rent I was getting. I've religiously told them each time my income has changed (always keeping it a few thousand over what I actually get). Time for another eternity on hold then lol

Have to ring them anyway, I have a house settling in 2 weeks and I won't be getting that rent anymore. Just going to have a very high bank balance for a few weeks between house selling and new house arriving. They'd better not try and cut me off for having a big lump sum of money come flying briefly through my account.

Edit: wonder why it took until October to get my return that year then? We put it in in July and got the refund in two parts ... the FTA/FTB came right at the end of October. Never bothered doing it early again after that.
    Last edited by deletedit; October 10th, 2010 at 07:21 PM.

Turns out I was entitled to about $2500 of extra FTA/FTB but lost quite a bit of that just in tax ... I guess all the tax rebates apply to pensions/allowances but not rent/business income ... e-tax said I didn't have to pay tax but I guess e-tax was wrong

oh damn - that sucks losing all that money! stupid tax system

for anyone that is reading - the ATO/FAO link isn't established until late in july - if you do your tax before then, it gets held until the mutual channels are opened for that year. then each day the normal daily traffic plus some of the "held" results are put through - but the "held" results are staggered over several weeks. it can hold up your payments doing your tax early in july. we get ours done on or around DHs bday each year (july 30 - tax appt is a good reason to not work that day lol) and our supplements were available within 2 weeks while friends that did them fortnight earlier were waiting for ages

oh damn - that sucks losing all that money! stupid tax system

for anyone that is reading - the ATO/FAO link isn't established until late in july - if you do your tax before then, it gets held until the mutual channels are opened for that year. then each day the normal daily traffic plus some of the "held" results are put through - but the "held" results are staggered over several weeks. it can hold up your payments doing your tax early in july. we get ours done on or around DHs bday each year (july 30 - tax appt is a good reason to not work that day lol) and our supplements were available within 2 weeks while friends that did them fortnight earlier were waiting for ages

Yes the centrelink system sucks i agree, we got a CC thing back of $300 which suprised me and my DH yaaay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12