Thread: EWCM and Ovulation

Default EWCM and Ovulation

I do CM obs and cervix position obs in order to see when I ovulate (no temping at this stage).

I experienced a lot of EWCM last night. What I want to know is when is the egg released in relation to EWCM ?(before, after, during? ). I thought someone out there who temps as well as checks CM might be able to shed some light on this for me?

Also how long do I have to fertilize it before it's too late? I've read some places that say egg survives for 12-24 hours after being released from the ovary but other websites say 24-48 hours?

Unfortunately DH was away on a work trip so we couldn't BD last night. So the soonest we can BD after I observed the EWCM is 26 hours. Do you reckon we have a chance? (Prior to this the most recent BD was 60 hours (2.5 days) before EWCM was observed).

Am I obsessed or what? We are going to BD tonight anyway, but I just want to know the science behind it!

It is differnet for everybody, if you have EWCM, DTD JIC. I hope you catch the egg.

Hey Ruth!
    Ewcm lasts different amounts of time for everyone, usually between 3-5 days, and you are supposed to ovulate on the last day of ewcm.
    The egg can survive for up to 24 hrs so you should dtd within 12 hrs after it's released for the sperm to get there in time!
    Good luck!!

That's a hard one. It's different for everyone. I'd start temping if I was you as that will give you more information. With this pregnancy I only saw one "clump" of EWCM (most unsuccessful cycles I never got any at all), we DTD right away and I O'd the very next day & obviously it was a success.