Thread: period only lasted 1 day?

Default period only lasted 1 day?

Hi girls,
    This was my first cycle since coming off the pill. I got light bleeding on day 26 and it only lasted 1 day. Can anyone explain that? Should I be concerned about anything?
    Thanks
    Puppies

It could be an ovulation bleed perhaps! Have you been doing any charting or mucuos obs?

Raven,
    You know I find it so confusing with all these charting options. I have a saliva testing thingo and I didn't see any ferning at all last month and this morning it was just the same, no ferning. I noticed the mucous about 2 weeks ago was long and stringy. But other than that I really don't know what else to do. I figured it was my period because it was 2 days before my due date and the last time I was off the pill my periods were between 24-28 days apart.

I have been taking Blackmores Pre-Conception Gold, for 4 months now. It is supposed to encourage healthy reproductive organs. Just wish I knew why it only lasted 1 day. I have no cramping at all now and feel normal.

Maybe there was not much lining to come away because of coming off the pill? I just wish i knew. Guess I will have to wait and see what happens next month.
    Thanks

Any chance you could be pregnant? Sounds like possibly implantation bleeding to me...I would be taking a HPT to be sure.

It's very common for your body to take a little while to "remember" how ovulate once you come off the pill. Depending on how long you were on the pill you might have a few odd cycles/periods before things sort themselves out. There is, of course, the possibility that your body sorted itself out immediately and you're pregnant. Maybe do a HPT to be sure...

HTH

Thanks guys,
    But I don't have any cramping. I feel pregnant about 2 years ago and when I did I missed my period and had NO BLEEDING AT ALL and had implantation cramping. You would think if I was pregnant I would feel the same way or have the same symptoms. I will go get a HPT at lunch time. Other thing is, if I am pregnant I am scared I might have done something bad cause I took 3 Naprogesic throughout the day I did bleed, cause I had cramps. I have been told that Naprogesic can cause miscarriage or be harmful to the baby, is this true? Have you heard this?

I just never had a 1 day period before even when I came of the pill before. The first time I came off the pill about 2 years ago(for health reasons). I was on it for 12 years straight. This time I have only been on it for about 2 years. I had a TOP (Shame as I write that, we were not in a good position then). I am just scared that this procedure may have affected my chances now (almost as punishment).

I pray you girls are right, but I just don't think it would be that easy for us.

Just did a HPT and its negative. I thought it would be. So i looks like I had a weird period. I just hope that I have a normal cycle this month. I am so scared something might be wrong. I pray its all ok and next month is normal.

Thanks guys

Just wanted to say that there is no shame whatsoever in having a TOP, whatever the reason. You are not being punished

12 years straight is a long time to be on the pill (note: no judgements on anyone and/or on the pill). Your body doesn't actually ovulate when you're on the pill, so it might take a little while for it to "remember" how to. Imagine if you hadn't ridden a bike or driven a car for 12 years, I'm sure it'd be a little shaky the 1st time back!! (ok, bad analogy i know, just trying to illustrate a point)

I know you said you were only on the pill for 2 years this time, but that's still 24 months when ovulation didn't happen. So give your body a little time to readjust and it'll start to do it's thing again. There are natural ways to help as well, such as seeing an acupuncturist or a naturopath.

HTH xo

I used one of the saliva microscopes too and had intermittent light ferning. I found that I had to put a big thick blob on it and help it dry with a hairdryer (it would take forever otherwise) to get a ferning or pebble pattern.

Things don't always work the same as it has done before when you come off the pill. Just when you thnk you know your body it goes and does a new trick to keep you on your toes

Raven,
    Your suggestion worked. I put a big thick blob on the lens and accidently left it all day before I checked it. When I got home I checked it and it was Transitional. Just like the picture they give you. Except I reall dont understand, my cycles must way off. Because I had a period that lasted one day and according to the saliva test I was ovulating only 8 days after my period. Is that possible. On Saturday when I did the Saliva test it was full ferning and I had ovulation cramps. I made sure we did the BD Friday, Saturday and Sunday just in case. But I thought you were supposed to ovulate mid cycle like day 14 or something. Based on last month which was a 26 day cycle I should be ovulating this weekend.
    Could I really have ovulated that early or could the saliva test not have been accurate cause I left it so long? It was really frening though. i jumped around the house screaming cause i was so excited that might have been ovulating.

I'd love to know your thoughts on this?