Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day 41 and still no period

kelsa Guest

Default Day 41 and still no period

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this forum. My name is Kelsey.

Some background information: I'm currently being investigated for endometriosis, after having every other gyno problem ruled out, pretty much. My cramps always start up to two weeks before my period. My period pain is unbearable. I have attributed my difficulty falling pregnant so far on whatever *may* be wrong.
    A month ago I also was diagnosed with mild hypothyroidism. My doctor is monitoring it for any changes but says it is so mild that it shouldn't affect my fertility at the moment.

I've been TTC for 12 months. I am 21 years old and my husband is 25.
    I am currently on cycle day 41. I was expecting my period about 8 days ago, but it seems I'm still waiting. My period is NEVER this late.
    I've had my usual cramps, for 3 weeks now.
    I've also had alot of sharp, shooting pains. Don't normally get those.
    Been feeling extremely tired. Exhausted from the moment I get up in the morning.
    My bbs are twice as big as they normally are, though they do swell abit before a period, they are never usually this large. They're a little tender also.
    In the last week I've been feeling a little nauseaus on and off. I'd thought nothing of it as nausea is often a complaint of mine. But today it has really hit me bad. I've been feeling quite sick all day.
    Peeing five times for every drink I have.

I'm wondering whether this is my thyroid making things irregular or whether these are pregnancy signs.
    Surely it wouldn't be normal to have cramps for three weeks when you're pregnant thought, right?

I'd sure appreciate any advice
    Kelsey.

They do sound like classic pregnancy signs, Kelsey! Do a test, I think you may be pleasantly surprised! Many women have reported cramps and other pains when they have turned out to be pregnant.

BW

kelsa Guest

Ok, I'll do a test.

The cramps feel just like normal pre-menstrual cramps, I didn't think they'd persevere this long if pregnant.

Thankyou

I certainly had all of them when pg with my two. I had cramping and sore bbs and nausea and tiredness. I'd test if I were you. I'm guessing ur pg!

kelsa Guest

I'll let you know the result once I've done a test

With Kat, I told my hubby I was having terrible period cramps. That that period was going to be hellish....I was cramping so bad and it felt exactly like period cramps. I never got my period. I tested at 3 days late (was negative as far as I could tell. I was in a supermarket bathroom and didn't wait the full 5-10mins so threw it out thinking it was negative) then again at 10 days late. Dh and I waited together and timed this one. It was definitely +ve! With Jess, I had similar cramps thru the first 12 wks. I remember one time running to the loo thinking I was miscarrying because I was cramping so bad (and had so much CM), but it was all fine. Some people cramp a lot during the first few months, then periodically till birth....

TEST HONEY cos they are some BIG pg signs.. good luck i hope you get a BFP!!!!!!!

poppet Guest

Reading your thread was like reading my own thread about a week ago....i too was on day 41 of my cycle and i finally tested - not believing i would be pregnant, but to shut everyone up so to speak, i did a test. And it was a .

2 days later and third pregnancy along, still dont believe it and thinking AF is just around the corner. You may suprise yourself

kelsa Guest

Congratulations Poppet

One other thing... can I do the test any time of day, or should I wait until the morning?

If you are that far along in your cycle, you should be fine to test whenever.

As for the cramps, I'm 7 weeks 1 day pg today and I still get AF type cramps from time to time.

Lisa

Hi Kelsa,
    Don't really have any advice for you was just keen to see if you have tested yet???
    So have you tested yet???? Let us know when you do. Heres hoping you get a BFP!!

Test !! I tested about 4pm in the arvo when i was 10DPO and there was a visible second line...

Good luck.

Those are very positive sounding symptoms. Good luck testing cause you might have a pleasant surprise.

Hi Kelsey,
    The signs look like they're working in your favour!
    Good luck and look forward to seeing your post soon!
    xo

kelsa Guest

I just tested and it was positive.
    I'm in shock!
    I can't believe it...
    I convinced myself I couldn't get pregnant.

told ya told ya *LOL* That's two out of two in two days *LMAO* I am soooooo excited for u! I hope you have the best and healthiest pgcy!

kelsa Guest

Thankyou!
    And thanks so much for everyone's advice. I wouldn't have believed it otherwise.

Congratulations of your BFP. Wishing you a H & H pregnancy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast