Thread: Question about cervix after Ovulation

Default Question about cervix after Ovulation

I'm not charting at the moment. And not using OPK's Dh wont let me till next cycle and the reason Im not charting is because I didn't know we were going to start TTC baby 3 again...

So, I'm at CD 16 right now. And, I have had a soft cervix since Friday and Yesterday (sunday) It was SUPER squishy. I normally have a 28 day cycle Oing on CD 14-15. But, Back in october I started getting 40 days cycle Oing 20-30 CD.

I took one month BCP like my OB told me to do & now waiting to see what it does. I did have 2 days of spotting 16 days ago but thats it. I did Have O pains Yesterday as well.

My question is when does your cervix get hard and lower and close up again? IT still feels slightly open to me? ...

And, how many days after O does it close up?? and firm up???

Your cervix will stay high after ovulation & remain that way if you're pregnant. It will get harder but not as much as pre-ovulation until closer to when AF is due. If conception hasn't happened it will come back down low again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_H View Post
    Your cervix will stay high after ovulation & remain that way if you're pregnant. It will get harder but not as much as pre-ovulation until closer to when AF is due. If conception hasn't happened it will come back down low again.
    So, It only usually lowers if your not pregnant?..
    What about the closing of the cervix? How soon usually after O does it close back up?

*and, thank you