I hope we hear some good news soon.
    Stay strong little Charlie.

Apr 2009
    Sydney

My thoughts continue to be with Glenny and her family

Add belfie on Facebook

Oct 2007
    Melbourne

I kept seeing posts on FB from BB ppl I know - praying for this strong little fighter, sending messages of love & hope out into the ether. And I thought, now I need to see who is this amazing little guy who is mustering SO much love (have been a bit slack on BB).. so popped in here to find your thread. What a fighter your boy is... and all of you actually, you, your hubby & your daughter! Reading this thread, the strength & the love is ... just awe-inspiring and I have tears in my eyes. Sending you all love & hugs . Go Charlie go!

Jan 2008
    Brisbane

Late update on 19 June

Text from Glenny

Not great. We've been told today to expect months in the picu. Possibly years before he's home. They expect him to be in hospital until he's big and strong enough for a mechanical valve to be successful. Possible he may come home before surgery but unlikely. They don't expect him to tolerate high flow anytime soon either. Gary and I are pretty devestated.

I asked what age they would like him to be before surgery.

Glenny said

They can't give a def age. They keep saying the older the better. So as long as they can keep him stable I guess. They want to wean the support obviously. They said they won't want to do surgery in the near future but will if he deteriorates. Obviously the older he is the less further surgeries he'll need as his heart grows

Jan 2012
    Western Suburbs Melbourne

My baby had a broken heart!

I have been fortunate in my life to witness a miracle. And this will be another one.
    Love, prayers and thoughts with you, and of course Charlie. Power of positive thoughts can make it happen. Xxxx

Apr 2009
    Sydney

Oh wow, my heart sank as I read this latest update. It's going to be a long tough road ahead.

I hope Glenny has an amazing support network. I just wish I lived closer.

Sep 2005
    In the middle of nowhere

Oh Glenny.
    Have been thinking of you and Gary constantly. I can't imagine what you're going through, but I really hope you have a network to love and support you both and Charlie and your DD.

Mar 2004
    Sparta

Oh. That's tough. You're so strong Glenny. Please don't hesitate to ask for any help you might need.

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Aug 2010
    Over the hills and far away

Sorry to hear this glenny, doesn't sound like fun at all. Just remember to ask for as much help as you can get. You'll need it so you can be there for little Charlie. Keep fighting the good fight little Charlie. Sending my thoughts and plenty of hugs.

Sent from HTC wildfire using TAPATALK, so forgive any spelling errors its a small keyboard.

Dec 2008
    Brisbane, QLD

Oh gosh, that's awful. I'm so sorry Glenny.

BellyBelly Member

Sep 2010
    North West Victoria, Australia

Oh, sweetheart. I'm so sorry.
    Sending lots of prayers.

I wish I could do something.

Jun 2007
    Brisbane

Hugs and prayers for Charlie, Glenny and family - you're all in my thoughts xx

Senior Moderator

Nov 2004
    Chickens.

Hugs and prayers. Thinking of you all.

You were RAK'ed in 2015.
    Add beansbeans! on Facebook

May 2008
    with the fairies and butterflies

Oh Glenny and family, my heart is breaking for you for all.

Im keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers and keeping faith that Little Charlie is going to prove them wrong and they can operate sooner and he can get back to growing up to be a healthy and fit and happy young man. xoxoxo

Jul 2007
    Rural NSW

Huge hugs. Please if you need anything at all ask.

Sending you love and strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... 91011121321 ...