Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #130

I have just Bid on a couple.......where can I buy them new.

Mel.....am kind of deciding how to bring the subject of another up with DH atm, but I think he will say no, and carry on about the what ifs, I think deep down that is the only thing holding me back, emotionally I am not sure I could handle it.

I've never heard of Mandy Mac's before. They seem like a pretty cheap nappy which I like
    Going to check out Suse's stash tomorrow
    I'm hoping my fluffy mail arrives tomorrow. It's been so long since I had any.
    melham - how many kids have you got, just the one? I didn't know how to bring up the subject with DH about having a 2nd, but when I eventually did, he was ready to, so it was easy. But now we can't agree whether we should have a 3rd or not. I want to, but he's content with just 2. I want to try for a boy. If I get another girl, then that'll be great, but there's that chance I could get a boy too.
    Nina has a rash on her bum from the diarreah. Poor sausage. She's never had a nappy rash before. Luckily I had some cream here for JIC moments like this.

melham, I have the same thing going on with my DH, I know he'll say no to another but I know I want one

I actually like my MandyMac, but it's not pretty at all which I hate DS hit the nail on the head when he said it looked like a giant band-aid, :lol. Even though it's a little bulky still on Jake he's growing into it and it is really thirsty. Quicker to dry than the BBH too. I only have one but was thinking today I should get more...

You still haven't got fluffy mail Jodi? By crikey aussie post what are you doing with our fluffy mail!!!!!! Grrrr... I would have thought you had gotten it by now....

Mel - yes pregnancy is an emotional rollercoaster.. I know this one has been for me, and I still don't really believe a baby will come out of me at the end of it (being there through my sister's stillborn and everything!!)...

yeah, still waiting on my fluffly mail
    So sorry to hear that about your sister. to you all.

I am bidding on one of the Ebay Mandy Macs ATM. Please dont outbid me! older members might recognise my username, it is the one i used to have on BB!

I am so tempted to buy more nappies!

I need to know Can I use hydrocortizone and canesten with MCNs. will it wreck them? Em is on them to help get rid of her rash.

use a liner. Any creams will build up on your MCN & effect how absorbent they are. Even just a off cut of fleece or flannel or soemthing just to put between bum cream & napp-y

sorry ali, I have no idea about which creams you can use on mcn's.
    Which listing are you currently bidding on, there's a few going. I'm watching them, but don't want to outbid you. You can't view winning bidder id's anymore.

Yay I got fluffy mail today.. a bunch of Cute tooshies which are seconds but I'm going over them trying to figure out why they're seconds... one of them the colour is missing on an edge (doesn't affect nappy at all) but I can't figure out why the others are seconds... anyway, maybe it's the colour, I can just imagine all the fuscia colour running in the wash and I end up with a whole bunch of pink coloured nappies...

I have Mandy Macs (also bought off ebay) and I like them coz they dry quick but they don't absorb much pee! And Becstar I'm with you, I tend NOT to use them coz they aren't very pretty to look at...

Gudism, i have 2 nappy buckets also, but i haven't had a problem with smellies yet because I've only had a baby for 4 months. I'm thinking it must get pretty bad after solids...

WOHB: Whizzkidz nights + stacinator

Oh and about liners.. how on earth do you stop scrunching?? Do I just cut bigger liners?

ali - totally off topic of nappies - my DH wants to know if your username is because of the basketball term?

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

hello everybod deee
    (channelling Grover's voice - i obviously watch too much Sesame Street)

i missed you lot!

thanks for the wonderful messages (i got to see, cos Nessa and Alioops came for a visit, and Nessa brought a print out). I was very touched to read them.

Alioops - are you packing to go, or have you arrived at your destination?

Jodi - lucky you, getting to hang out with Suse and Mr Chirpy.

Whoever bought the fushia Cute Tooshies - i would wash them the first few times either - by themselves, or with other dark colours - NOT with whites in any circumstances. I am so paranoid, i would even chuck in an old white hanky, so i could tell (after the wash) if pink was running or not. Told you i was cautious. What a fantastic buy for 12.50 - fabbo deal.

Sparrowgal - which sort of liners are you using? i can't work out how to stop the scrunching effect with the flushable ones, drives us bonkers (each childcare day). They really don't look comfy and i found out, whilst using them in bilby's nappies, every day in hospital, bilby started reacting to them. So i ditched them and went back to flanelette ones for day and microfleece ones for night.

WOTBB: Kester Kovers AIO and our bestest bestest rainbow baby legwarmers (winks at Janie).
    Last edited by Gigi; July 1st, 2008 at 10:44 PM.

Gigi!!!!!

welcome back babe!!!

We need to organise another meet up, let me know when you feel up to it

YAY - our Goddess of Cloth has returned!!!!! WHEEEEE!

That's all...

WOH(sleeping)B: Whizz Kidz Nights, grandma knitted soaker.

Thanks FJ. I will have to get some that will stay dry.

Mel (Gudi), Nope, my mum used to call me alioops when I was little.

Gigi, no we are still waiting for the army to get organised. packing though. good to have you back.

can i post the link to the item mods?

GIGI:

Welcome back! How you have been missed in here!!!

Grover was/is my favourite character from Sesame Street so channel away! *grin*

Not much to report - migraine still lingering and dealing with a bit of sleep issues with DS. We are trying to "teach" him to put himself to sleep now that he is nearly 2.5 years old and it is going well as far as when he initially falls asleep - but he is still waking frequently in the night.

He is back in cloth nappies for daytime use - haven't tried cloth again at night - still unsure about whether feeling himself wee in cloth is waking him at night???? Though he wakes in the night regardless of the nappy - when he is in cloth he will DEMAND a nappy change - but when he is in a sposie he will just lay down and go back to sleep.

My night nappy stash consists of ONE BBH bamboo, two MM fleece pockets - which I stuff with bamboo and hemp combo, and one unique pocket nappy compliments of Gigi and it doesn't matter WHAT he wears he will complain in the middle of the night and beg for a change. I don't have any money at the moment so can't buy any of the spendier and more reliable night nappies. Any other suggestions? Or do I just do the sposie route? I really would rather he wear cloth 24/7 but also need him to sleep as much as possible!!

WOHB: sposie

Gigi!! Great to have you back hun! We've missed you heaps!

Mel, I rinse the bottom of my bucket out with disinfectant (like pineoclean, you don't need alot) and then wash it out really well with water. It kills all smells! If I miss the odd time, it doesn't seem to matter, but more than that and it starts to smell again. So I just do it every wash pretty much. And if it's a nice day (not often in Melbourne ATM) then I leave it out in the sun for a few hours.

Think I'm working up to buying some more nappies............. Anyone interested in a brown medium Gadimal? First dibs to Nelle if she's interested

WOHB: BBB with fleece

Heidi as far as night nappies go, we have done the sane route, which is when she starts waking because she's wet, we start using sposies & then we go back to night nappies when we notice the sposie isn't as full first thing in the morning. Then if it starts up again, we swap back.... thats what we do. DH is convinced its the nappies causing the wake ups so I humour him.

GIGI!!!! WOO HOO!!! You were missed, I'm glad to see you back.

WOHB: last nights sposie...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast