Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #132

PP, get onto Knittinghelp (google it) its a great website for learnign to knit. Its how I have been learning.

Maz, the bamboo I have washed up ok. Let me know if you want some. I have about 7 meters still. I h ave plans for it but I am sure I could spare some. I haven't prewashed all that either, only half a meter so far.

I am making a set of shorties for Mr Doodle (sing with me, I'm a romp a room doodle, we doodle all day long! LOL anyone remember that show!) I just finished a soaker & still have some of the wool left so I thought I would try shorties. I am just past the ribbing. But the pattern I am using is written up for expereinced knitters so its hard to follow but someone on NC who used it all the time is helping me. God I love the community spirit on forums. Put out the call for help with something & bam, 50 people willing to help

Ness, can you knit & just can't find the time or are you learning too?

I changed our room(s) around last night because our room is really drafty & I was always getting a cold draft at night so I moved our bed onto the internal wall of the room, which means I needed to move Isla's cot. So I moved it into our "wardrobe" room. Which meant I needed to move the change table & draws & nappies LOL. So I move the draws, no worries. Then I took a sliding door ofthe wardrobe & put teh change table inside that & put the door back on & it fits perfectly, so ow it hides away. It great. Isla has her own little room that is still apart of ours. Not that she sleeps in her cot LOL but it looks good.

Now if only I could make the rest of the house as tidy & organised!

Where is Gigi. I hope she start to post regulary again. I still miss her...

I second knittinghelp for learning how to knit. And getting some cheap wool and needles from kmart and practicing heaps. I have only really started to get it after trying a few times over the last year!

Well silly me let Caleb run around commando again and he pood on the floor. At least he told me this time rather then me sniffing it out
    Poor little lad has nasty teething rash AGAIN! He only needs to get two bottom eye teeth and he's done but it's taking soooo long!

WOHB: Baby Kanga and half a tube of Amolin cream!

FJ- i can sorta knit!! i am only having trouble with the ribbing other that i am fine!! Oh yeah and finding the time amongst everything else i do !! We are currently using the audrey doodle pants pattern

do anyone know of anyother free patterns??

I got my snoozywuns can't wait to try them out.
    I would love to learn to knit, might have to start practicing.

There are a few on NC in the Knitting thread, Shannons are up there. I can't find them on BB anymore
    I will PM you a few links I have found a long the way.

Lol Maz, I was going to post a reply to Mel about not wanting to get shot last night, and thought, better not, don't want them to know I was up way past 12 AGAIN! :P
    What Minky blankets were you talking about? The ones at Aldi? I saw some there for $10.

Gudi, if he consistently pees within minutes of getting up, maybe grab a potty for him to sit on in the morning?

I wanted a green minky dot cot blanket and mum went to buy me one but the baby shop didnt have any left.
    So now I have some form of Bertini blanket instead which is nice but not as nice as minky.

Nelle - thats an interesting idea... a potty..... hmmm.....

Tried out our first IB today - omg.. I loove the feel of them.... and it was a really good fit, had it on a couple of hours, no leaks.. woohoo!!!

Mo - you'll love the snoozywun

Ash - did you get your teether? just asking cos I'm going out again to Big W soon..

Bea - there is a free pattern on warm heart woolies, have you tried them?

FJ i loved romper room!!! except she never said my name!! mmmm i wonder why!!

FJ I've asked Shannon to send them to me so I can post them up here, they got lost when she deleted her membership ages ago. I'll get onto it! She's teaching me how to do longies and I started the same time as Cherie, but Cherie's nearly finished! I've only got the wasteband done ROFL... ah well I knitted 7 scarfs in the meantime

Otherwise... I'm tired today, super tired.

Nelle - no the blankets are at toys r us and they are gorgeous!!!!!I had to buy one for sammi's little girl and loved it so much that I had to get some more.
    Christy - that would be fantastic if you could get the patterns again. then I could give them to MIL
    Jols - yep 6 months on tuesday...its gone way to quick little guy eats 3 meals a day already
    Fiona - will defently get onto you for some bamboo hon...I'll lead about 2m for now

BBL have to keep stroppy husband entertained

Mel how many times did you wash your snoozywuns before you used them?

Mo - I think I washed it twice? Then used it... then when I got my second one, I only washed it once, and it was fine... I'm very impatient... lol

I want a snoozywuns now Mo!

I counted my stash and i have 27 nappies. (not including my trifolds and covers. ) You girls put me to shame. I need to do some shopping.

Ash - i love my OSFM bluebbery, i would rate them higher than BumG, only down side is the expense.

Seen anymore crows Maz?

WOHB? Swaddlebees!

Wow Sam, can't believe you are so great at knitting after only a few attempts! I have had past attempts... many... but am still crud... may have to look at this site...

What sort of wool does everyone use? Where's good to buy wool??

Maz - was going to ask you about solids etc but will go to Jan babies & ask... so check in!

I think i shall wash it once as-well thanks Mel.
    I got two customs made & it only took a week so can't complain about the service!
    They look great, Go on Ange buy one you know you want too

Trying to work out how to fold my lotus booster, anyone have any tips please??
    Last edited by Khaleesi; July 5th, 2008 at 02:51 PM.

Mo the Lotus site has instructions on the booster I think? I'm guessing you'd fold it different for a girl, so that it's most absorbent in the middle, for my boy I fold it so more bulk is at the front, since that's where his appendage is.

Having a pretty rubbish day today, I'm in trouble with dh about the house, and he's right, but didn't choose a very nice way to say it. I hate when I can't argue back cos he's right. Better go do some washing or something...be back when I'm more cheery anyway. :P

Nelle - big hugs babe...my DH is the same today so I let him have it back! bugger men! we need a pick me up..time to go nappy sho[[ing

Ange - yes actually...one sat infront of me while I BF mateauz in pakenham..your so next lady

Vic - pm me if you wnat babe

I better do what your doing Nelle....I so cant be arsed

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast