Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #134

Holy crap Mo!!!! What a thing to happen... hopefully she passes it through gently...

WOHB: Still the Sandmans from last night.... he slept 12 hours straight through.. gotta love cloth!!!

Ok ladies, Anyone have any tips for helping M do a poo?
    Just got a call from the RCH & they are a bit worried she hasn't been yet, last one was Friday am!
    Willing to try anything at the moment.

TIA

Prune juice diluted in water??

oh no mo!!! hope she poos soon for you, i second the diulted prune juice!!
    i have seen these sock things to put over glass bottles, not sure where but will suss it out if youd like!!

Jols that would be great thanks.

Thanks Mel & Jols didn't even think of that.

couldnt really find it!! how about using stubby holders? the ones for breezers etc are not as wide and should fit the bottle snuggly! i often put sophie water bottle in one over summer to help keep it cold

OMG poor maddy! Ummm also pear juice helps . Is she eating solids at all? Banana I find helps Pip.

And if all else fails, brown sugar & water will move the bowels in a matter of minutes (about 15) - a quarter teaspoon in a bottle of water is enough.

Well a first from DH this morning. He insisted on putting Pip in a sposie overnight and this morning when he changed him, the sposie had leaked inside the sleeping suit ... which doesn't happen with the snoozywuns!

PP - my DH refuses to use cloth, he won't even take a cloth nappy off Pip cause they feel "yucky". And if he does by some miracle, then he leaves it on the floor. So I'm using my cloth happily and don't budget for sposies. I do concede and buy him naturebabycare nappy wipes.

who was asking about wipes solution? I find water works best! Warm water, lovely. And then when I'm out I either carry a very little bottle of water (pop-top juice size) or pre-wet bamboo wipes & carry them in a ziplock bag ... easy as

Also, pls send me the site for the sales to please!!!!

WoHB - zappynappy with a white PUL cover?
    Last edited by Kazbah; July 13th, 2008 at 11:23 AM.

Oh no Mo!!

Annika did soemthing very similar at christmas time cept for it was a peice of metalic glass balbal, she did cut her throat up and threw up blood but luckily it was from cutting her throat and nothing more sinister. They were very close to operating too.

Hope Maddi passes it soon.

Umm maybe a child laxitive may help if the prune juice doesnt

Common ladies please please pm me the link to this sale!!!!!

Mo, My mum says that a bit of soap on the end of a cotton bud (like the soapy water stuff that builds up under a bar of soap in the soap dish) & gentle twirl it around just inside the anus will irritate enough for her to open her bowels. Just like an enema would I guess. I have never done this as I have never had the need really.

Thank-you everyone for your idea's
    We have glass finally, no bleeding so looks like it passed without any problems!.
    Such a relief.

Whew what a relief Mo!!!

Thank god for that Mo!!!!

Hey has anyone tried a green kids pocket boosted heaps for night? I really want to put him in cloth tonight but all night nappies are on the line so I'm thinking of improvising with something else....

WOHB: Happy Heiny - cow print.. hehe

Mo So glad Maddi is okay.

Where is Willow and LimeSlice??

Mel the only thing I have braved boosted for overnight is an IB and a Blueberry. I don't have a greenkids so I'm not sure.

Gudi - do you have any fleece (MM) covers? Cause maybe if you put that on, with a BB & then something else? I used to use BBBs with 2 long boosters (instead of the 1 short, 1 long) and that worked well.

Prior to that I used to use a fleece GK with microfibre, bamboo & flanno - that worked really well.

Yeah I was thinking of stuffing the GK (its a PUL one though) with two layers of bamboo, microfibre AND a prefold on top of it... just wondering how that would go. Don't think any of my BBB or BBH are dry .... think I only have pockets and AIO's that are dry - except for motherease, and I sooo don't trust them of a night time...

Hmm.... is it stupid to put a wool cover of a PUL cover? defeat the purpose?

Thanks Ladies, i feel alot more happier.
    Only problem is that she'll cry when doing a poo then stop, so figure it must be really sensitive down there, looks nice and red. Not really much i can do to help is there?

Bea-Poor Annika, must of been scary seeing her throw up blood!
    We were so lucky the glass was rounded & not sharp.

Mo - bit of bepanthen or something might sooth it? (Only saying that cos I used bepanthen when I got my tattoo and it helped heal it.. )
    Other than that, I'm pretty clueless..

I was wondering where LS had gotten to also....??

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast