Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #134

PP - I'm hoping mine will get better once I wash them more *shrugs* gotta give it a try anyway - considering I got fluffy mail again today with more of them!!! LOL

Kaz - Mine never seems to attack the aplix... maybe mine isn't as intelligent as you..

Oh crap he's had a green kids on for bloody ages... better go change it.. he's crying into my legs at the moment anyways...

Gudism.. maybe DD isnt a big wetter. But she is going a good 4 hrs and not even soaking through!
    it is great. i have only done the 3 prewashes!

no doubt by the time I get back on here monday you girls would have gone and opened 2 new threads.....

My little darling is letting me know when ever she farts these days with ''' pawwwwww' and waving behind her butt. She stripped herself from the waist down so I put knickers on her...she has come up to me twice now to inform me of YUCK's and full of wee......hmmmmm sounds like I have a littel miss getting ready to TT
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

geeze that's fast Maz! (the TT that is!) I hope she works it out quickly ...

QueenM - I used to post a bit, mostly lurk. With my dodgy back and the rain here I haven't been BWing much ... but I miss tramping around the mountains! So peaceful, and it sends Pip to sleep nicely. Serendipity indeed!

Gudi - just you wait It'll happen

PP - woohooo on the BBBs working for you! And you can't have mine, I love them too much. Still haven't sourced large snap-ins for the bp, so using my large BPs as covers ATM. Got asked what they were today! (he had on a greeny one with "saving the world one nappy at a time" embroidered).

And now I officially LOVE my babylegs.

What else ... ahhhhhh Freedom! Found a 4-drawer shelving unit and some boxes - got a divided box which I figure will work well for nappies - nappies, boosters & covers!
    Can't wait to try it out tomorrow!

WoHB - widdlewuns and he's asleep. Doh. Need to change him into his snoozywun!

Kaz - hmmm.. my boy is older than yours... maybe mine is just stoopid... LOL

WOHB: Snoozywun of course!!!!! With new BB wool cover

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

well Your Royal Mabelness and Suse, you got me, i just assumed penguins would be anywhere where it is super dooper cold!

PinkPalace - sounds like your "roadtesting" of nappies is going well, you're learning - by experience - what suits your bub at night - only way to find out i reckon, trying a few combos, and continueing with the one that works for you. How fortuitous for you that you know baby beehinds work for you, at the right time (sale is on).

Maz - go Vy with the TT-ing. her language sounds great, we only have Mum" and "dad" here. I keep trying to teach bilby what poo and wee is,she just looks up and giggles at me! She is officially not scared ot eh potty anymore, loves to sit on it and "read" (well she turns lots of pages).

Kazbah - woot on the nappy streamlining vis a vis Freedom. Are you having trouble finding somewhere that will sell you berry plush inserts by themselves? is that the problem? i'll have a look for you. Baby soft ladndings, darlings down under, nurture nappies, weewuns, they're the places that come to mind (that sell BP's) but i forget if they are sold as AI2's or separate articles. And you're after LARGE inserts??

How is Pip feeling today with the lung infection?

about the sleeping bag and his high temp - i've been using thin cotton knit sleeping bags even when it was 40+ degrees - they work when your bub is hot. I have to avoid the sleeping bags with the polar fleece - bilby looks like she's in a sauna in those (the easiest type to find).

alioops - wow, the Army is sure mucking you about! but at least you will be close to the beach when it's summer.
    tha'ts good that you got greenkids boosters in your swap, they're excellent.

ANyone interested in rainbow longies, have you seen the BAABINTI store on the wahmnaps site? hubba hubba to the rainbow queen!!

DH has got some gadget on our electrical items, to gauge how much electricity is costing us, per item. This week he put it on the washing machine. We used $1.50 of power for the washing machine (i do a nappy load every day). pretty good i thought.

What to do with poo when out?
    sorry i forgot who asked this
    If rolloff poo - goes into toilet unless in parents room that has no toilet, then folded up in nappy, goes into wetbag, deal with it at home.
    If non-roll off poo - put disposable liner in to toilet, this deals with the worst of it. I have a flannelette cloth liner under that too.
    Sometimes i put a disposable baby wipe inside the nappy, before i fold it up, if it's really yuck. Makes for less stain removal when you get home.
    Zippered wetbags are fine.

In the case of "Nappy Contents from Hell" happens whilst we are out, my solution for that, is to put said disgusting nappy in a small wetbag, which then gets put inside the big wetbag. Why? smell factor.

Ah Gudism - i've gone blank. aw well, Hi!

anyone after blueberry or swaddlebees fluffy mail? super sale on tomorrow. wish i needed some!!! Wish i had some night nappy sale news for you gals (cos i think that's what would rock your worlds).

WOTBB: whizz kidz bamboo nightz OSFM with melbel longies in indigo
    Last edited by Gigi; July 12th, 2008 at 12:15 AM.

SOrry gigi where is the sale

PP blueberry's/ swaddlebee super sale is in the US and they refuse to ship to oz anymore!!

You know the worst thing about weekends? No possibility whatsoever of fluffy mail..

WOHB: Swaddlebees - boosted REALLY well because he's sleeping...

Since when AJP?? That bites!

Lol @ Mel & her fluffy mail dependancey...

for ages now queen!!! i got 11 from there before they decided to have supplier here in oz, its cheaper to buy direct from them than from here!!!they cottoned on to that and have refused to ship to people here! sucks!!

Okay okay.... we "may" still be able to do this. Depends on how long the sale is on for... I will check out how my brother is going, my mum would usually do it but has been in/out of hospital for the last month & the last thing I want to do is add stress.

Well todays score is DH 1 ..... MCN 0

I worked today and Dh had a mini melt down!
    He put the PUl Pockets on DD and she did a huge poo... and he hadnt hooked up the little squirt yet (so not wanting to touch it) installed the LS..... and then he said water went EVERYWHERE!!!! until he found the correct plumbin pressure for the hose etc etc...

Then he put another PUL pocket on that had only a bifold bamboo in and she had a big wee and it leaked everywhere! and his comment was...

"this never happened with sposies!!" and now refuses to use cloth because 'they all leak....." they dont work".....

I explained we are learning with absorbancy needs and that is means she will need an extra booster in blah blah blah... nope he had it!

OMG!!! tell me about the welcome home parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AJP View Post
    PP blueberry's/ swaddlebee super sale is in the US and they refuse to ship to oz anymore!!
    Jols - I ordered from the SBs outlet store only a couple of months ago and they sent them here no problems. Would it have changed since then?

Sorry to be a nature nerd Gigi - I've spent way too much time watching David Attenborough documentaries. I got all excited when they brought out the boxed set (then realised that we owned most of them anyway).

Maz - go Vy on the TT!! I know that you want to keep her in fluffies as long as you can though. If you want another one in nappies, you can have my little stinker.

I've so got to get me some babylegs, but I am having choice anxiety and have been for months. Can't decide which ones to get, and which ones to go with which nappies, etc. Should do it soon before summer is here.

WOH(sleeping)B: BumG

suse queen said the same!! i checked them out but wow on the postage!!

So for 4 nappies or so off that site, the postage is like $30... so it would be around $50 for 4 nappies, which still works out as a bargin? I think... if I had them shipped to my brother, it would cost him $30 to post them out anyway....thats how much it cost mum last time, but she was happy to do it for me. I forget about postage sometimes.

whats the name of the site so i can have a look?

I would be intereste in having a look

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast