Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #136

gigi- how does this friday sound to you??? im getting my tax next week and want to get some!!!

Gigi - they woulda been washed heaps 'o times by now... they seem to fit perfectly 'cept I did notice (when I had an inspection after I got a damp knee when she was sitting on my lap) that the insert doesn't seem to reach all the way to the, uh, corners I guess, of the actual pocket, like it's too small??

I second Ali - that was a mamoth post!

Mmmmmmm, has anyone studied the link between musicians using cloth nappies? Or cloth nappy users loving music

My music career feels like a looooooong time ago. I was reasonably proficient, but am completely hopeless these days seeing as I never touch an instrument, so I'll keep my past achievements to myself

WOHB: flat!

Hello all!!! (off nappy topic - happy due date to me... lets watch it pass... )

I'm so impressed with my GK pocket.. really.. he had it on for 12 hours, and OMG... no leaks, nothing... not even with the morning flood... its friggin brilliant.. I LOVE IT.... I swear.. if i wasn't already married... I might be tempted to marry them....
    Perhaps an affair is in order... lol

WOHB: I think its a tot bots or something? Something that I got cheap off ebay...

Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    We should start a nappy thread band... Ali can write songs for us, I'll produce the album, FJ can sing, and everyone else with instruments can all join in. Whoo hoo. Forget Live Aid, it's Nappy Aid.
    i'll play the triangle!! though i did teach myself how to play the piano in highschool dont think i could remember now!!

io think i have solved the leaking WC issue, she needs a full two layers of bamboo layed in first!! have been using the bamboo inserts from BB for the magicalls the havnet leaked since!!

Happy EDD Mel!!!!!!! I bet you're glad you have cloth nappies and nappy talk to distract you Don't you just love GKs?!!! They're so awesome. Can you see why I'm so torn between them and the BG? I've never thought to try one at night, but I bet they work well.

Jols, glad you've sorted your night nappy issue. Sounds like Sophie's weeing for Oz!

WOHB: another flat......most of my MCN is drying, but I do love my flats

Happy EDD Mel

Talking about musical stuff I used to play the bagpipes but it's been waaaaaay to long between gigs for me that I wouldn't be able to inflate the bag

We could almost start up a BB cloth nappy addicts orchestra!

FJ our DH's must be cut from the same cloth as far as nappy (selective...?) ignorance goes which is why I got right into the honeyboys. Pretty foolproof I reccon.

Janie - yup I wish that I had brought more GK's now... said it to DH this morning... hehe.. I boosted it really well though, but it just fits so well around his waist and legs, no possibility for a leak... bloody fantastic..

And yes, talking about nappies is definitely better than talking about a baby who is not coming out till xmas!!!!

Thanks Sam

WOHB: BBH with Maz cover

Sez I'd love to hear about your musical exploits - but if you don't want to say it online, then I'll ask you in person, so I can ooh and ahh in awe so you can feel awkward in person. :P

Yes, cloth nappies are my favourite, but GEE I was glad Riv chose to do his feral poop into a sposie this morning.

Has anyone tried the GK Minky times? they look soooo nice....

Come on Janie - don't be shy!! If I can admit that I was the ultimate bank geek (and, yes, I went to band camp, although I never did rude things with flutes), then surely you can tell all! I never play any more either, for which, being a trumpet player I am sure my neighbours are profoundly grateful.

Nelle you're lucky. Euan decided to do his feral poo on the change table today.

HAPPY EDD Mel!!! We'll send you a do not disturb sign so you can get on with your romantic interlude with your GK, although you'll have plenty of opportunity to get up close and personal with your fluff once new bubba arrives!

WOHB: BumG

Yep Gudi, got 2 GK Minkytimes, the giraffe and blue retro spots (Giraffe is awesome!).

Are they good overnight Nelle? Cos I just use the normal ones overnight and they are awesome..

ahahhahahahahhahha I cant keep up with you lot doesnt help that i have an order to fill either

Musical instruments - I went away to band camp in grade 6 (an NO thereere no flutes going into ANY parts of my body) I played theuitar and have no idea how to play it now. I also sang in the choir but Im a bit shy (yes ME) about my voice.

Nappy wise...**** Jed and I just bought a big bookshelf for Mateauz room so we can put his nappies in there instead of all over the place. I'll take a pic of it later when all the clean and folded nappies are in there. Have to sell of some of his Berry plush covers cause their to small in the rise for him now mediums here we come

BBL - so need a shower its not funny

On Si they're good overnight, if they're stuffed well, I've not used Minkytimes overnight on Riv I don't think...? I've used Funtimes overnight though. With Riv, I have to make sure he's wearing pants though, GK's are the only nappy (apart from sposies) where he fiddles with the tabs.

ETA: Whoa Maz, Mat too big for smalls, that's awesome! He must be doing so well!! That's grouse about the bookcase too. Today I'm trying to sort out the boys' nappy systems too. (Trying to find something that Riv can't reach and destroy ) As for flutes and band camps, THAT is why I don't really tell people I played the flute on band camps...just not worth the grief. :P

That movie has alot to answer for SO glad I don't play the flute haha!

I always thought that I would be a piano teacher My mum is a singing teacher, her mum was a piano teacher, her dad was a singer and her brother is a trumpeter. My brother is truly a trumpeter, but also has his own soul band in which he is the lead singer, and he spends much of life outside of gigs composing and arranging. As well as adjudicating comps, and running workshops etc. He plays trumpet in a very cool band that FJ and I love, but don't ask QM about it, she hates them PMSL! We were sent to a school in Melb that is known for it's music program. I played piano for years, was studying for my AMus.A, but as I was working FT (training in dental assisting) I couldn't dedicate the time to it (you need to spend at least 3 hours a day practising), so decided not to sit the exam. I played the french horn for 6 years and studied singing for about 5. I also did up to sixth grade theory. So a true music nerd, I really was the ultimate geek LOL! But I hated school by year 12, so got a job and left , did my DA training and haven't looked back. I don't regret it, I really love my job. I do wish that I'd spent more time on my singing though, but I think because it's my mum's thing, I sort of stayed away from it IYKWIM? So that's my not-very-interesting music story. I'm glad I had all those opportunities though, and hope I can give the same to our kids.

Um, nappy related........have I been missing something? Is it a well known fact that GKs do well overnight? Obviously they'd need to be heavily stuffed, but I can see how it would work.

WOHB: another flat! but about to be a BBH

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Nah, i couldn't imagine the GK giraffe minky pocket being used at night, that would be a waste - too beautiful to hide at night! I'm sure Nelle is too busy admiring it on Riv or Si in the daytime.

Janie et al - i enjoy hearing your musical pasts. I have no idea what movie you are referring to about flutes and bands - but i can make a guess what it might be regarding as in the Man Flute - bawdy US college movie by any chance??

I love the Cat Empire too.

Queen - hmmm the SB - have you got the right size inserts for the equivalent size nappy? Or have you tried using a trifold or bifold instead?

when you first get brand new SB inserts, they look too big, you do the prewashes and they shrink. that's all i got babe!

Maz - busy busy - how unlike you! i hope you got to stand under the shower (alone) and just daydream a little bit - - enjoy the warm water.

The price of the new flexitots is STILL not up on the NN site, i'm dying to know how much they will be. impatient.

RAVEN - i had a honeyboy on bilbs when she was 5kg (the small, that goes up to 6kg). It fitted beautifully. But when i tried the medium - that's when the crotch width was suddenly way too wide and that's where we stopped. Plus she undid them!!! But as an AIO for a small bub, i think they totally rock - brilliant pootainment, i wish we had had that one from birth.

HAPPY DUE DATE MELHAM!!!
    here, let me make you a cup of raspberry leaf tea.

STRIP WASH
    a few people have asked about this, and as we've had a reasonable number of newbies, so here is a cut and paste from ozclothnappies, the FAQ part, on STRIP WASHING
    Residue and Strip Washing
    A caution if you use your normal detergent is to watch for residue build up which can cause nappies to smell or repel liquid, or cause an irritant nappy rash. To fix this you can just rinse until the nappies do not produce suds - keep on checking the washing machine outlet. If you're in an area with severe water restrictions and are using flats or prefolds, you might consider boiling the nappies instead. I've even heard of people who have put them in their dishwasher, but watch that you don't use dishwasher detergent, you rinse well, and that they can't fall onto the outlet filter or element.

Strip Wash: If you get a particularly bad buildup of wash product residue, you can "strip" your nappies with very very hot water and a little bit of plain (non-moisturising) dishwashing liquid. Don't use dishwashing liquid in a front loader, and check care instructions before using extremely hot water on modern cloth nappies. Watch for over-foaming, and rinse nappies very thoroughly afterwards until absolutely no suds remain.

Another way to strip wash is to add bicarbonate of soda to the wash, and vinegar to the rinse. Warning: Some nappies cannot be washed using these products, so please
    check with your nappy manufacturers carefully before trying this.

Some people rotate through two or three different kinds of washing detergent to keep residue issues down. In general, using well under the recommended amount of detergent helps stop residue from bulding up in the first place!

Another possible cause of buildup on a nappy is the use of thick barrier creams. These are generally unnecessary if the nappy is changed often enough. If you do experience this problem, you may need to scrub the nappy inner with a nailbrush and a little washing-up liquid before continuing with the strip wash procedure above.

It can also be a case of working out what is right for your baby. If your routine is working, stick with it!

END OF CUT N PASTE FROM OZCLOTHNAPPIES FAQ LINK.

Janie - singalongs must be fun at your house! Did you ever play in any of Melbourne's youth orchestras? We might have bumped into each other at some point and never knew it. I always wanted to play french horn - when Euan is a little older I might take it up. One of my classmates was a horn player and we used to 'swap' from time to time - I have a better embouchure for horn than trumpet but by that stage my parents had already bought two trumpets and I thought they might hit the roof if I asked them for a french horn as well.

Crikey, we should start a 'musos who use cloth nappies thread', shouldn't we!

WOHB: a different BumG to the one he had on last time I posted.

Gigi - wow - good strip wash instructions. I've saved them as I think I'll be due for a strip wash soon! Ta Goddess of Cloth!
    Last edited by suse; July 19th, 2008 at 04:14 PM. Reason: ETA

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast