Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Nappies #136

Well I'm going shopping today for a LS cos I just scraped off 6 of the most putrid nappies and had to stop for a spew half way. It's partly my fault for throwing yesterdays offerings in the trough without dealing with them first but this boy of mine is just foul latley!

I just don't want to go out in the rain!

Gigi have you looked at ebay? I know there has been nappy sample packs in the past but I get the feeling they were more the commercial brands.

Can anyone tell me what is the go with wool longies...do they wear them as pants over the nappy, so thus they wouldnt need pyjama pants...also where is a good place to get some. sorry dont know about them yet.

gig - i ment the sewn in one? do they dry ok? we have two ittis already and i am in love with them!!!
    DD is 10kg lol shes pretty big!!!

am sad here still NO fluffy mail....

and i finally got some snappis you should have seen my face when i saw them... i was like a kid in a candy shop :P

Mel yes That's why they are made from such gorgeous wool!

There is a woolies store or two on the congo malls (wahmnaps, ozebaby, minicuteure) or look on buyforbaby. You could even have a bash at it yourself

GiGi, sadly No the fluff I got yesterday wasn't the longies I suspect have gone missing. It was another WC night nappy.

Mel - The go with longies... Well just as you thought, they are pants. So no need for extra on top. Darlings Downunder have longies cheap at the moment. Um, there are a few sellers on WAHMnaps as well. They are expensive but they are hand made, from quality wools, often hand dyed etc. Alot of work goes into them.

Now get this. I have been using cloth for over a year. DH just doesn't get it. I am beginging to wonder if he is truely just thick when it comes to MCN or he is plotting to get out of changing a nappy ever again. He is hopeless. Last night Isla & I were in the bath. She got out before I did so DH got her dressed. I haven't put together the nappies from the last big wash I did. So he got out a Fleece cover & the short snap in booster from a BBB, layed it in & did her up & off she went.
    I mean come one, how can you look at that & think, Yep that will do it! She hadn't wee'd when I got out & fixed up the nappy situation she had on but come on! The other night the same thing, he got her dressed after a bath & put justt eh shell of the Sandman night nappy on her, no cover, no boosters. Even Evan told him he had it wrong. So my 5 year old could see the problem but my DH hasn't a clue!

So, I am thinking of getting a few (say 5) true AIO's that do up with velcro. Puttin gthem in the Dumb Dumb aka daddy box & putting it in plain sight. Surley if it is as simple as a sposie to put on, what could he possibly get wrong?

Hi ladies,
    I'm newly pregnant and new to this site and am planning on using cloth for baby. I used just the standard flats with my two older children until they were about 18 months (the plastic pants and soaking does not really appeal to me any more) and then switched to disposables so this time I was hoping that the MCN's might keep me in the game a little longer. I have looked at as many sites as I can to get info on the varieties available and thought I'd ask some people who have used them before which they found were the best. I thought I would buy the complete pack from Green Kids because they come with everything but maybe I should try a starter and some other brands as well? Please school me. I am clueless!

MamaKoala, Congratulations on Expecting Number 3. Big pat on the back for doing flats till 18 months! thats great, youwill find MCN a breeze after that!

I haven't done a NB in cloth yet but lots of different brands to try seems to be the best way to go till you know what you like & what works for you.

Hey I found a good site for longies. google, Booroi Essentails, theyhave aheap on instock Llamajama longies. I think I am going to get the rainbow ones.

Welcome MamaKoala!
    The girls here have been great!! there are a few of us new to cloth
    I personally have found myself a Baby beehinds fan... they just work for my girl and so i have stuck with them, tried a few preloveds in itti bittis and have a few pockets (cheeky butts) which i use for day use.

I know a lot of girls use Greenbums too!

Well i am having a happy / sad cloth day

Happy :
    - fluffy mail !!!! 4 x preloved BBB
    - Have just finished sewing 2 x breastfeeding covers (me and my sis')... turned out really well. let me know what you think....

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...php?photo=8035

Sad:
    -thats the last of my fluffy mail for ever! lol i have run out of $$$.. the only thing i have left it to make 30 odd flannel prefolds.
    - DD has nappy rash for the first time in 13 months!!! and only 2 weeks in cloth ) Am i doing someting wrong? so she is bepanthened up and has a sposie on.
    Can you use natural things like cornstarch/cornflour or will that effect the MCN's as well?

WOHB - Sposie

i occasionally use cornstarch in mcn with no worries

The bought baby one or do you buy it directly from the food isle FJ?

the baby one

i buy corn flour from the food isle.. mix it with some dried lavender and shake it up in an old johnsons container ive got.. its really nice and works well too much cheaper!!

i have used straight corn flour noni - do you find it gets sticky at nappy change time on their bums
    Has it effected your cloths

Welcome mumma koala

hmm I havent used cornstartch so can comment on that for you.

I have been doing some gardening today, we have sun!!!

Got some fluffy mail yesterday, my cute tooshies!!!

hmm well i am going to have a very quiet weekend, the older two are at there dads for the whole weekend.

a sml bottle of the baby one lasts over a year for me as long as Glenn doesn't make snow with it! So I don't see the need to buy it cheaper. Have very few NR needs in this house thank god!
    Evan on the other hand,, he was my NR baby!

Whoa mummas! Talking so fast!

Sez and Christy thanks so much for your offers of piano help!! (Wow how musical are we in here!) Yep Sez I'm working through some books my MIL lent me, she plays piano (she's got a baby grand, how cool). I'm trying not to be impatient, in high school I was about 8th grade flute, so this is pretty humbling :P but Rans and I are both learning (well, he's relearning), everything's a competition for us it seems! I'm quietly confident I'll be better, since he's a drummer, so not really a proper musician. :P hehe.
    Sez, I might get you to show me where my fingers need to be to play scales one day.
    And yep Gigi, treble black lines are Every Good Boy Deserves Fruit, and bass is Good Boys Deserve Fruit Always, and treble spaces are FACE and bass clef spaces are All Cows Eat Grass. :P
    And to keep this paragraph nappy-related, when I get good enough at piano, I will play and sing you all a song about nappies okay?

Welcome Mamakoala! I'll echo FJ, if you've done 18months in flats, I think you'll enjoy modern cloth. Although not much beats flats for drying times!

Hey Noni that's a grouse idea for powder! We don't really use it here, it probably would benefit us at times though.

Cute cover PP! I'm going to ask a dumb question - how does it work? As for the new nappy rash, we got that too, Riv was over one before his first serious rash - I think that perhaps the more full on teeth like molars cause a more full on rash.

I'll have to check out that site FJ. As for Nappy-impaired dh's, I just reckon that they don't bother to retain the information, because it's not important to them, it's not their passion or interest. My dh retains the info a bit, because he can do flat nappies heaps better than me, so there's that pride there to maintain 'more competent than Nelle' status.

You're caving Sammi! I've had moments where a LS has definitely appealed to me too. You're pregnant mate, so you're entitled to do whatever makes life easier for you I reckon.

A thousand apologies to all the people I've missed, we move at a cracking pace in here!
    Last edited by Nelle; July 18th, 2008 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake! *tries to remain calm*

Hey girls
    FJ - i guess its not a matter or cheaper it is the other minerals in the baby cornstarch i am worried about being on the MCN's - where as cornflour is well cornflour loL!!!

Nelle - it is realy simple design, you put the strap over your head , so you dont have to juggle a wrap or cover falling off your shoulder all the time. I have a pocket sewn into the inside for your breastpads/bubs dummy - so you dont loose them. and a flannel corner on the inside bottom edge to wipe up any drips

i wonder if the molars (she has had 4 through in the past 5 weeks) is contributing to the rash..?
    I can say one thing....
    if you want to keep your mcn's white and bright... dont mix blueberrys in with your bubs milk for a smoothie!!! rrrrrr black staining poO!!!!!

WOHB - Still sposie (sleeping)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast