Thread: Could she actually be teething?

Question Could she actually be teething?

Hi all

Charlotte is now just over 3 months and for about 5 weeks now e have been having EXTREME saliva production going on, which Im told is quite normal.
    She has been vomiting since the beginning of Feb, almost every feed sometimes (she NEVER vomitted before) so the CHN thinks she could have reflux. She is generally fairly happy though, and its only the last couple of weeks that shes bee getting unsettled.
    The last week though she has been eating EVERYTHING - and whilst I know it is normal for them to start putting things in their mouths, she will attach to my finger and just gum it to death saliva going everywhere! lol

So...Im thinking she may be teething? She has never had a fever, no rosey cheeks, nor horrendous nappies. Just the gum thing and being REALLY unsettled and grizzly, velcro baby queen at the moment...

Is it possible that shes teething and thats whats making her vomit so much, as opposed to having reflux itself?
    Any opinions please`!
    TIA

Is she pulling at her ears? Pip pulls at his ears heaps when he's teething. Try some washers rinsed with boiled water and popped in the freezer for a while.

Otherwise - hope she doesn't have reflux - good luck!

she could well be

Jack go this 1st 4 teeth between 4months and 5months so she is only a little earlier than that I had another firend whose bub got his 1st 2 at 2 months, she was at her wits end no one beleived her when she said she thought he was teething chemit refused to sell her bonjella

Jesse got his first tooth at 5.5 months but im sure he was teething for about 2 months prior. They can teeth for months (poor buggers!) before any teeth come through. Id jsut try and give her something nice to chew, a teether, you could even put it in the fridge for a little relief for her.. another good one i found because the teethers seemed too big for Jesse's mouth was wet a washer and put it in the fridge for a little while.. then give it to them to chew on.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks ladies!

Kel - I have the same problem with Charlotte - bought her some chew keys te other day and she plays with them for a bit, but they are just to big...Ill give the washer a try!

Thanks heaps!

andrewjordan Guest

Default Hi,

I think she is at first stage of teething and feel different before. she is teething slowly and complete his teething in approximately 1 1/2 years. Vomiting is the fact of teething do not worried about that.

Matryoshka Guest

Yep sounds like it!

My son got his first 2 teeth at 4 months exactly!

my little one is very drooly at the moment as well. but she's only just gone 3 months old yesterday! i can see teeth at the bottom of her gum (behind her lip), and a little white dot on the top of her gum but it doesnt look like a tooth.