Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reflux

Just wondered if Zantac / Mylanta has to be prescribed by the Dr? We're doing Gripe Water before each bottle at the moment & it's not doing anything at all.

both were perscribed for us, although you can pick up Mylanta over the counter... O

Ok today we have just tried Matilda on her first bottle of non thickened stuff!! Because its normally for bubs under 6 months, but she didn't tolerate anything else at that time, now today we are finally having a go, I've got a few sachets of the normal over 6mth stuff & since she's almost 10 months we thought we'd try a few bottles in a row & see what happens before we go out & buy a whole tin again... Have everything crossed for us that it all stays where it is supposed too!!!

Good luck Christy & Matilda :luck:

Sarah we tried the gripe water and it did nothing also. We also tried Mylanta, but we didn't have any success there either. Alana was on Zantac, but it was to help her medication to function better.

I know I have commented on these before, but I swear by them. The only thing that helped were Dr Browns Bottles. We haven't had a projectile vomit since using them, from about 5 weeks (I think that when we started using them). They are expensive and hard to get, but so worth it.

The Losec appears to be working \/ No vomits & only 1 episode of hysterical cryng today!!! Still on the lookout for the Dr Browns bottles though.

Sarah, maybe you could try eBay for the Dr Brown's bottles.

Ooh good thinking Tegan, I hadn't even thought of ebay!

Had a great night last night - slept from 11.45-3.30, had a bottle then slept from 4.00-7.00. Seems like the Losec is finally doing it's job, let's hope we continue this way for a while.

I heard a baby shop in Chatswood has the Dr Brown bottles... maybe they ship... :-k

But thats great news on the sleep!! & isn't it amazing when we celebrate only an hour of screaming LOL.... we had a bad bout yesterday with Matilda, but it was more overtired now...

How did Matilda go on the non thickened formula Christy?

katanya Guest

I want send some positive vibes to you girls with Reflux bubs, my best friend in Belgium's son has it really bad, so bad she has to sleep him upright in a pram at night. Before being medicated he would scream for more than 12 hours a day, it was sheer hell for her.

She is now on a diet (she is breastfeeding) to eliminate all posible foods that cause it, and is only able to eat a few things like chicken and corn..! She has been consulting with a lactation consultant who believes that allergies are the root of reflux..not sure how that ties in with formula, because it is more controlled?

Hope Matilda keeps her new formula down Christy!

Many positive calming vibes to all you mum who have reflux babies, hopefully soon they grow out of it! Felix grew out of his "happy chucker" at 6mths totally!

She said the first thing she says to a mother who tells her about their baby having reflux is, oh but how are YOU?

LOL thats about right katanya, I think I said the same thing to her

Matilda went great guns on the non thickened formula, then she got sick the next day or re-sick with her sinus thing and so we are waiting until that clears up to start transfering her over to that! YAY! I didn't realise how stressed I was about it until two hours after the bottle I had no more nails, and was pacing the floor waiting for her to scream again... wow I forgot how on edge I was for the first 6 months just afraid of the screaming...

It is bad isn't it when you're just waiting for the screams. I hope when you do the changeover she goes ok

All I have to say today is - I WISH HE WOULD SLEEP!

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Sarah *hugs* I understand...same problem over here...minor mummy meltdown in the process while DH is on his way home #-o

Aww Christy
    I had the major meltdown at 11.00 last night - Aaron ended up satying up literally all night & called in sick today.

yep I had a rough one... I've elaborated on one of Tootie's posts...but basically I completely lost it, before I posted our cleaner came here and I just ran away. I said I had to go to the bank and left Matilda with her (which she loves, but I normally would NEVER do...) Its amazing what we do to make sure they are safe and then go meltdown away from them.

Well the vomiting is getting worse ](*,) He was great for a while, but now at nearly every bottle he has a huuuge spew. This morning's one was lovely, completely missed himself & gave mummy a nice puddle of vomit in her lap LOL!! The only consolation is that the meds he is on is stopping it from hurting him.

We have our 6w checkup this week, so will see if there's anything we can do to stop the vomiting. Oh yeah & the constipation that the meds are causing.....

katanya Guest

Oh Sarah, vomit isn't that nice after awhile is it?

I gather you've tried the positioning stuff? It's so frustrating when you are heading out the door, both of you looking really nice and then..wham..both drenched in vomit..*sigh* ..I rememeber it too well...Somehow I too would end up the worse off too

Hope you can sort something out with your doctor..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast