Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Reflux

Katanya he did a nice one just as we were walking out the door to get his pixie photos done last Friday. I waited til the last minute to get him dressed, but no such luck!

We sit for anywhere from 20mins to an hour with him upright & still he vomits. Worse thing is the smell, before it was just the milk, but now it seems to be partially digested so it's off-milk smell now. Ewwwww!

katanya Guest

Oh Sarah how awful I used to have several cloth nappies under my pram just for mopping up..as well as several changes of clothes..who ever said newborns stayed clean was lying!!

The vomit..ah yes, it was on the carpet, the couch, the doona, the mattress ..the list goes on..I used to do 2 full loads a day of washing..I sometimes forget how yuk it all was..it does stop eventually..but not much help now is it you poor thing...

:hugs: hope things get better for you both!

OMG! Zander's last bottle was at 3.30, he finished it at about 3.55 & was asleep not long after. So it's now 6.30 & I just looked over at him (now awake) to see him throwing up. It's insane that he can go 2.5hrs after finishing a feed before throwing up.

I AM SO OVER THIS REFLUX CRAP ](*,)

Sarah, I know the feeling. If you look over my past posts, I had the same problem with Kat. She's 5months now and still chucks. But it's not as bad now unless something has really upset her tummy or she's due to poop.... (she has a 30hr bowel cycle and towards the last few hrs she often vomits worse than usual). I'm hoping it will ease with time. I hope ur lil zander isn't in too much pain with his reflux..... I know how hard it is and how scary when they vomit and vomit and vomit. Let me just say it does get a little better once they start solids also....(not totally better but a LITTLE better). All I can say is hang in there and make sure the dr follows it up. Give Zander lots of love and hugs etc and know ur not alone and there is support for u if u want it :hugs: :hugs:

grr.....just lost the post I was sending. Just saying I know how u feel Sarah :hugs: I know how hard it is and I'm hoping things get batter for little Zander soon.....

katanya Guest

Kerrie I was wondering how you were going! You didn't lose your posts just that weird debuging thing affecting the site!

That is amazing that you have tracked Kat's bowel cycle, I gather you are keeping that diary still? Hope her vomiting clears up soon..

Sarah sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to it, you can do all you can for them and then they STILL vomit. Your poor little guy has a very immature tummy flap..same with felix, but he was lucky enough to not have the acid as well..

Just wondering whether anyone here was a reflux baby too? I know the stories my Mum has of me from 0-4 mths are legendary..I had severe reflux and she spent ever night with me sleeping in a warm bath..she refused to medicate me..I think it may have been better for both of us if she had..

Mum had 4 kids & none of us had reflux. Were you thinking it might be hereditary Katanya?

Wow at being able to track Kat's bowel cycle Kerrie & realise when she's going to be extra spewy cos of it.

I was thinking that too but mum said I wasn't refluxy just really determined and head strong...LOL...looks like that might be hereditary

Does the spewing ever stop????
    Yup, had another bad night/day! Last night when he went to bed I had to change his clothes, then again at his 4am feed. Got him up at 10am, feed, change of clothes & put on a bib. Since 10am we have gone through 5 bibs & 1 shirt. We were out so I had to quickly buy another bib cos I hadn't taken enough with us.

LOL Sarah I was out at a 1st birthday today and Matilda choked and then spewed EVERYWHERE...and another mum there was a bit horrified and I said, "oh, she's had reflux when she was younger, this is NOTHING"...

LOL Christy! I can imagine myself saying the same in a few months time!

I'm not sure if the person who wants a dr browns bottle is still wanting one or even if they'll see this in time but they have one on Ebay right now with 11mins left and it's going for $6 so far. Item number 4378289305

If u r interested please hurry!

Did / does anyone have problems with getting their bub to eat? For the last few days I've had to trick Zander into eating - gice him his dummy, let him fall asleep then replace the dummy with his bottle. I know he's hungry, he just screams & screams when I try to give him his bottle.

I have my Infants Info class tomorrow, so I'm planning on asking the ECHN after the class what she thinks.

Sarah I often had problems with getting Matilda to take her bottle for a few days and then she would go back on it, but she would drink 50mls and then reject the rest....it was SOOO frustrating. Now when she rejects a bottle, thats it I don't fight it anymore, just offer it again in 15 minutes and if she refuses again I offer another one when the next one is due. Often she does it when she is weaning herself down a bottle, so from going from 4 bottles to 3 a day. HTH!

I've found now that Zander will take Nuk & Playtex teats with no problems, but he fights the Avent ones. Looks like I'm on a mission to buy more bottles.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234