Thread: When did the teething symptoms stop?

Default When did the teething symptoms stop?

Natalie has two teeth down the bottom and had no symptoms when cutting those apart from red cheeks that I noticed.
    The night before last she was really restless in her sleep. She started to cry several times in the night, but when I went in to her she would have her eyes closed and would go back to sleep straight away. Yesterday I noticed she has a top tooth poking through.
    She slept heaps better last night, but this morning she was really uncharacteristically sad going down for her first nap, and just wanted lots of cuddles. Would it still be the tooth bothering her if it is already through the gum? Is it the teeth moving underneath the gums that hurts them, or the breaking through the gum or all of the above?!? When do the teething symptoms stop?

I have no idea but I just wanted to note that wow Nat is 11 months and Blake is 7.5 and he has cut his top 2 in the last week. Just goes to show how varying it is hey
    Last edited by Ashlee; December 6th, 2007 at 10:16 AM.

Amy, apparently its the teeth moving underneath that's the more painful. Pip's been the same. When his teeth are cutting through the gum, that's when the rusks etc help. It really does seem to affect him at night, I've been bringing him into our bed for cuddles when that happens. Once his teeth are poking about a third of the way out, he's been a lot more settled. Prior to that the teeth sometimes dissappear again ...

Must say though, these top teeth don't appear as painful as the bottom teeth - we haven't used panadol or em-33 gel on the top yet!

Yeah, Ashlee - they are all so different! In my MG most of the kids Nat's age have their top teeth already, but one boy is only now at 11 months getting his first lower ones. All varying degrees of 'normal'
    Thanks Kaz, I can only see 1 tooth coming through at the top (it is about a 1mm white strip atm). Maybe the other one is coming through as well? I might try the bonjella this arvo if she's still unhappy going to sleep.
    How funny, one of the mums at my MG said her boy was heaps unhappier with his top teeth How many does Pip have on the bottom? Did he get a few at once?

He has 2 on the bottom, they came within a week of each other. One and a half on the top - the second one is just starting to poke through. Half a week between these top two...

Oooh, and my neighbour's granddaughter didn't have any teeth until she was 11 months, then got pretty much all of them through by 12 months I think? It was a horrid month for them.

Oh poor bubba, that sounds awful. My nephew didn't get any teeth til I think around 10 months? Then they all came pretty quickly for him too.
    Natty's two bottom ones came together. She's had them for a few months now with no sign of any others on the way. Now there's definitely only one at the top, but I guess we'll see how she goes with the rest.
    After all this, I'm actually not real sure of what the problem is. She got up from her sleep before with a really green goobery nose... Maybe its not the teeth at all and it is just a cold. Mind you, maybe the teeth are giving her a goobery nose?