Thread: sleep problems in a 7.5month old

Unhappy sleep problems in a 7.5month old

hey guys major problem Annabelle just takes so long 2 get 2 sleep now and when she wakes at 3am during the night she then wakes every hr after that. Also some nights i put food on the end of her dummy and she'd sleep but that doesn't work anymore. Does anyone know y she's doing it?

could she be teething kass??

how long till i c a tooth? coz instead of getting made ill get excited if i know it'll end one day! Did Darlie do it?

She sure did! She went through a couple of weeks of being really unsettled sleep-wise, and then 2 teeth popped up! You could see she had red lumps on her gums.
    She has just cut 3 more recently and she even refused to eat for a few days - it can really knock them around. Even if the teeth aren't ready to cut they can still bother them cos theyre moving around lots.
    I hope its just a stage for Annabelle, and you get through it soon!

It could be teeth, I know with Charlie the first time he woke every hour was at 6months & we were on holidays with the IL's. He woke every hour or so for a week & we were sooo tired, he hadn't done that since about 6wks!! I didn't know what to do, fed etc & then 2wks later 2 bottom teeth cut through. Now I know the signs & if he waks that often I use teething gel & nurofen.
    His signs were fussy eating during the day, waking several times at night, runnier no2's & dribble.

erin and darlissa i think ur on 2 something here. So should i give her some panadol after her last feed or at 3am when she wakes? Also is it true that the teeth come up then go back down again then come up and pop through? I can see the outline of the teeth does this mean anything? she has also gone off the breast a bit but still eats solids, should i b worried that she's not getting as many breast feeds?

Charlie will eat solids but have no milk during the day when teething, but makes up for it by waking at night....go figure!! So I would give a night feed & some panadol perhaps & see how that goes. Charlie would still prob have two feeds, but better than waking everyhour & those feeds make up for what is missed during the day.
    Yes teeth can go up & down, some trouble bubs for ages. But as soon as Charlie shows signs I can see a white line & his pop through within the week. Can you see lumps or a white line?

thanx so much thats really helped and ill let u know how i go with 2nights sleep. She wont let me c her gums, when she lets me look 4 a split second i c the complete outline of them through her gums and she's doing exactly what charlie did with the feeds at night as if 2 make up 4 the one's she's missing during the day.

Sounds like teeth are on the way!! Goodluck tonight. Have you got any teething gel, that can be used with the panadol.

well erin it happened just like u said it would. She slept like a dream, just woke up 4 her feeds 2 make up 4 the ones lost during the day. So thanx 4 ur help!

kass - if you don't already have it, the "wonder weeks' book is great with this kind of stuff - it gives rough time-lines for unsettled periods etc. Our local library has a copy, maybe check with them? Else there's a whole thread on it in the "stickies" in this forum.

Also kass, is she sleeping during the day? DF had a theory that keeping our Pip awake during the day would give better sleeps, the opposite was true! So make sure you put her down for her day naps regardless of how badly she sleeps at night, it may just help a little.

Good luck!

Kazbah: Thats how I new she wasn't herself not only the night sleeping but also the day sleep she's usually great and as soon as i c tired signs, i pop her in bed and she's out like a light! But that stoped and instead of getting 2hrs in the morning after breakfast and 2 hrs in the afternoon shes was luckey 2 get an hr. But this morning she's gone down easy like she used 2 s and i believe thats coz she had a good nights sleep. If she does't have routine she just gets over tired and unbearable! Thanx ill have a look 4 that book it would b a great help. Coz instead of knowing that it's a normal stage i just freak that somethings wronge!