thread: Where is her 12 Week *Magical* change??

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Oct 2007
    Outer South East Melbourne :)

Sorry have been MIA!

Well I am happy to say that things have improved dramatically and Lily's mum, it worked using your techique - she did (and still does) grizzle initally when i put her down but i dont let her get to the distressed stage - i also bought a fischer price peek-a-boo water soother thingy which attaches to the side of the cot ( i have moved her out the bassinette and into her cot!) and when i put her down in her cot i turn the soother on and it lasts for 18min (has music lights and movement) which gives enough time for her to settle - so, so far so good!! - And yes, i agree with your comment about things being lost in translation as your method did work for me (with a few adjustments to accommodate my DD) and i NEVER let her get distressed - so Thank you!

The method i used really doesn't make the baby distressed. I wouldn't have been able to do it if it did, because listening to my bubba cry makes me feel physically ill! I guess you'll just have to trust me on that one as a lot is lost in my translation. It sounds very similar to what anna used and i found exactly the same thing, lily will settle with cheek to cheek and gentle whispering. Maybe Anna explained it better?
    I would love to hear how you went Ella Bear

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jun 2005
    Blue Mountains

Yay that's great news Ella-bear You just have to read your own baby and work out what they're ready for

Nothing I did could get DS to not feed to sleep, so I pretty much didn't bother changing it.. he changed over time. DD self settled for 7 or 8 months... then that all went up the creek LOL once she was mobile.

We all get there in the end tho

Oct 2007

Thanks Liz - yes im much more relaxed now (but im sure it'll change again as they are continually growing and becoming more aware!! lol)

Mar 2007

Ella Bear - thats great news !! Well done

Apr 2009

yay fantastic news!

Oct 2007

just thought i'd pop in an let you all know things are still going great with my DD. - She is in her cot full time now and i have established a good routine for both her day time naps and her nighttime sleep. atm she has 3 naps in the day the last one she wakes up at about 5.30-6.00pm and then i have a quick play with her and then its into the night routine of bath, feed, story and bed. she is now in bed by 7.45pm i do a dreamfeed at midnight and she has been sleeping through until 7.30am!! thanks to all you ladies for your advice and support - it just reinforces for me why i love BB

Apr 2009

wow! Ella is sleeping much better than my bubba!! I think i better get one of those soother things where did you get it from? Lily has severe reflux and is on meds too, so that's probably not helping.
    Really glad everything is going better for you. I found once Lily could settle a bit better I was able to enjoy her so much more and she was also so much happier

Jul 2008
    summer street

Yay, that's great news.

Its such a relief when they're sleeping better isn't it? (Although I wish my bubba slept so long at night without waking...lol)

Well done!

Oct 2007

wow! Ella is sleeping much better than my bubba!! I think i better get one of those soother things where did you get it from? Lily has severe reflux and is on meds too, so that's probably not helping.
    Really glad everything is going better for you. I found once Lily could settle a bit better I was able to enjoy her so much more and she was also so much happier
    It's only been just over a week with this change in her so i am still in a bit of shock as i dont want to get too excited!!! But yes, its like switch was flicked inside her and she just goes down much better (she does grizzle but it lasts maybe 5-10mins and then she's out) I got the soother thingy from Big W. - it's called the Fisher-Price Rainforest Waterfall Peak-A-Boo Soother

Oct 2007

Yay, that's great news.

Its such a relief when they're sleeping better isn't it? (Although I wish my bubba slept so long at night without waking...lol)

Well done!
    I'm still in shock with her sleeping to 7.30am!! - the first time she did it i freaked out cause i thought something had happened to her (her nursery is at the other end of the house from our bedroom) even tho we have the monitor i still thought something was wrong with her and i rushed down and there was still fast asleep (that was at 6.00am) - so im still getting used to the longer stretch and i hope she keeps it up, but i know that things can change so i am still cautiously optimistic

Feb 2008

So pleased to read that things have improved for you. Thanks for letting us know. It is really nice to hear of success, so often we focus on the difficulties and forget to reflect on the wins!

May your successes continue and you continue to enjoy your DD more and more every day!

Oct 2007

Thanks jackrose - yes i am enjoying DD so much now (not that i wasn't before) but it was difficult when i just couldnt settle her! - and yes you are so right about focusing on the difficulties that we forget about the wins

Aug 2006

That is fantastic - well done!!!

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jun 2005
    Blue Mountains

Aww good for you Good to see someone catching up on some zzz's. hehe.

I haven't had a baby that's been too hard to settle, they've either fed to sleep or been rocked, or even self settled (for a little while anyway haha). I haven't felt the need to 'teach' them to self settle as it hasn't been an issue, we don't often battle the going off to sleep, so we just do whatever works at the time (altho I guess some people would think having to feed to sleep or rock them IS battling??).... we just have frequent wakings. But again, they settled quickly through the night, so I never really felt sleep deprivation. Only during teething etc when they actually wake up and cry

I hope she keeps up the long sleeps for you! I'd be in heaven I think if I could sleep for 7hrs straight! I'm probably not capable of it now LOL.