Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: * Collecting Baby Items

Debbie Lee Guest

Exclamation * Collecting Baby Items

Has anyone started collecting baby-stuff already?

I went mad on ebay when we first started TTC back in July. Eventually I had to stop because it was making me sad that I would have to wait even longer to use all the lovely clothes. I just bought a whole lot of boys and girls things because I figured it would be easy enough to get rid of the stuff I didn't need eventually. I still grab little things here and there. Every week when I do the groceries I will buy one baby item like a pair of socks or a dummy. DH likes to grab a matchbox collectable car whenever he comes with me. I think that is SO cute. Some of the stuff that I collected I have given away to friends so the pile has started to get a little smaller.
    A friend of mine is going to sell her change table to me. I figure that there's no harm in me buying it. At least it will be there when friends visit with their babies. I'm also on the look-out for a high chair. It would come in handy for visitors also.
    Well, best of luck to everyone this month. I hope we get a on this forum soon!

Oh Debbie, you sound SO organised. More organised than me, and I only have a few weeks to go!

Seriously, I was such a worry wort when we were TTC that whilst I was desparate & tempted to buy lots of lovely things, I resisted. I had a good look and compared different options in Target etc, but didn't actually buy anything at all.

Apart from.................one tiny pair of pale yellow booties. A friend of mine who is dead into Feng Sui (sp?) suggested that hanging a pair of yellow booties in your bedroom is good energy for fertility and concieving a baby.

The month after I bought these yellow booties we concieved, so maybe there is something in it?!

Hi Debbie,

We had collected a few odds and ends before I fell pg, mostly toys and cute clothing. Then once we got past 12 wks we went crazy and bought almost everything we would need for the baby. Unfortunately I then had a m/c, but we still have everything. I have continued to get some little things since (like clothes & books) in the hope that I will soon be pg again.

Fingers crossed that there will be lots of around here soon!!

Lucy, I might just have to try that yellow booties thing!

The only thing I had before falling pregnant was a pair of booties (multi-coloured) that stayed at mums house and a blue pair that Andrew's mum had made which i had thrown in a drawer.

The day i found out i was pregnant every time i went grocery shopping I would buy something for the baby. All the bigger stuff was given to us and I actually got a high chair and portacot for $50 cause a friend of my mums was a childcare worker from home and she retired.

I have just found out that people i know (who know I am pregnant) have just dumped alot of their kids baby clothes etc. I am hoping i am not too late cause from her email she sent to a mailing list this morning it sounded like they weren't dumped at the time she emailed but i was out for a few hours this morning so they might be gone now. I did reply to it. She lives a 2hr drive from us but worth it i reckon. Fingers x'ed i am not too late

Love :smt049

Debbie Lee Guest

Lucy, I may try that bootie feng shui thingy too! Can't hurt.
    After I put my last entry in, I went to have a look at the baby clothes that I have got. It's been months since I have even looked at them. I have got 2 really adorable, blue Peter Rabbit outfits that I just can't part with. Here's hoping I have a boy one day or else they won't get used,

Jen Schuster Guest

Hi Debbie

I did exactly the same thing. We went out and decided exactly what it was that we wanted. Then when the sales came we put the things on layby. Baby Target used to have a six months layby which was excellent. We ended up getting most of our things for a third to half off.

I was a little worried when after almost 2 years we hadnt conceived - but you know my story - blah blah blah.....

I am so happy we planned in advance being so sick and having had so much time off work I have had to take heaps of leave without pay and may even leave work earlier than expected.

I am a little more at ease knowing that all the major items have been purchased such as cots, prams etc.

So I dont think its odd that you are already collecting baby things. I think its great!!!

Best of luck with TTC - sending lots of sticky baby dust your way

Love Jen

PS: Hurry up and join us in the pregnancy forums :-)

Debbie Lee Guest

Thanx Jen! And, trust me, I am trying! Sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling the best throughout your pregnancy :-& Maybe it will mean that you will have a perfect little baby that won't cry ever? O

I had a glass of wine last night and it made me feel funny. When I was offered another, I really wasn't in the mood (and that ain't like me at all!). Could this be a sign??? 8-[
    I'm 9DPO and not getting any symptoms either way. No news is good news I guess!

Orkids Guest

I've resisted buying anything, I'm an all or nothing kind of girl (obsessive??!! 8-[ ) and I know I'd get carried away. My sister in law has two little girls, and I think I'll inherit a lot of her baby stuff. However, I really want to get one of those cool 3 wheel pushers - I recon they're so neat =P~

Debbie, I have bought little odds and ends, like singlets and socks. I think its a good idea, it makes the experience of TTC more real. My girlfriend gave me heaps of stuff when she found out we were trying. She was so excited. She is more excited about going out and buying stuff then what I am LOL!

BUMP!

Guys I have SO much baby stuff it isnt funny! Basically (other than nappies and other consumables, I have some though) all I need is a pram, a cot & mattress and a change table!!!

I KID YOU NOT!

I guess it made things worse that I worked at Myer for the past 3 years and was able to get tonnes of absolute bargains!

Anyone else as crazy as me?!

Keen

*L* We're not too 'bad' yet with the baby stuff although we did go out in the sales and buy a portacot and a bouncer. I have the beautiful pair of yellow booties sitting on our duchess that Juliette sent to me. Here's hoping their successful this month!

I SO badly want to go out and buy more baby stuff but I feel in some weird way like I'd be jinxing myself as I'm not pregnant yet.

yeah Beck, I reckon Im jinxed!

Might have to just give it all away!!!

Keen

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    A friend of mine who is dead into Feng Sui (sp?) suggested that hanging a pair of yellow booties in your bedroom is good energy for fertility and concieving a baby
    Ooooohh we might have to give that a try!!

We have started to buy little bits and pieces that are simply too irresistible, but am trying not to get too much.

I would LOVE to collect baby stuff now, but my DH says that we should wait until we are actually pregnant, just incase. I guess he has a point but it is hard to wait.

The whole process is just too long, it's frustrating!

I have bought baby stuff as well.

I have bought all the manchester...cot quilts. cot sheets etc..... and all the playgro toys in the noahs ark range....I know I am obsessed with everything matching even all the mancshester is the matching.

Have a pair of yellow booties from Kazz from BB. 2 little outfits for either a girl or boy. I started to laybuy and buy things when we started TTC in August 04....I haven't bought anything for a couple of months now.

Jade

Jade Im exactly the same with having heaps of manchester! Have the Duck Home stuff and the LTC Dragonfly set, too 8-[

One day I will have to take a photo of everything I have and show you guys! You wont believe it!

Keen

I've somehow managed to restrain myself from buying clothes. I can't quite make the quantum leap to the belief that I really will use them some day.

I have however, bought some little toys. Not just any toys though. These are hand knitted by actual elderly ladies from the St Pauls Cathedral Charity Card Shop. This year, I bought a Puss in Boots. They're too beautiful but I can't bear to look at them too often so they are stashed in a box in the top of my wardrobe.

I live in hope.

Hey Keen

I think you and I should trade photos. The top of my cupboard is so full I can't fit any more in.

Jade

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast