Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: * Herbal Remedies & Supplements for TTC

Exclamation * Herbal Remedies & Supplements for TTC

Seeing as this is a frequently posted topic we have decided to start a permanent thread here.

If you are using or have used any herbal remedies or supplements for TTC or you would like information relating to a particular remedy feel free to post here. There are quite a few available for different purposes (eg vitex), so why not post your recommendations or experiences.

If you would like information regarding multivitamins (eg Blackmores, Elevit etc) you can find more information in the following thread:

Multivitamins for TTC, Pregnancy & Breastfeeding

If you would like information regarding Herbal Remedies & Supplements while TTC or Breastfeeding, you can find more information in the following threads:

Herbal Remedies & Supplements for Pregnancy
    Herbal Remedies & Supplements for Breastfeeding

Hey Guys,

I am currently taking evening primrose oil. fish oil (omega 3), vitex, false unicorn, pregnancy drops and folate.

im more than happy to recommend or answer any questions you might have.

Dannii,

What is Vitex and where do you get it?

Debbie

Hi there,
    vitex is a natural supplement for helping with hormones and cycles.

It is derived from the chaste berry tree and is also known as agnus castus.

I buy mine from the chemist and its approx $14 for 60 tablets. I take 2 daily from cycle day 14-28.

Hope that helps. Feel free to email me

I asked this in the preg forums but i'll ask here too...

Does anyone know when i get pregnant, is theres enough folate in the blackmores pregnancy and breastfeeding formula or would i also have to keep continuing the folate separate?

Hey Tegan,

I dont think you can ever have enough folate.
    So you might wanna take both.

If in doubt, ask your gp

Danni

Princess1979 Guest

Hi,

I am just wondering if taking multivitamins/supplements would cause any pregnancy symptons? I take elevit as we have just started TTC#2 and i have all the pregnancy symptons but got a BFN. AF is about 3 weeks late.

Im sorry i have never heard of that happening

hope someone else can help you

Tegan, this thread is for herbal supplements, if you want information on multivitamins, check out this thread.

Danni,
    You said that you take vitex from day 14 - 28 (obviously 28 day cycle). Are you only supposed to take it after you ovulate until AF or can you take it for your entire cycle? Do you think it matters and or helps?

I think I have a low progesterone problem at the moment. My cycle is usually 31 days and since my M/C in Sept. it has been, 28, 24, 26 and 28. I think this month it will be 26 again. I am ovulating (as checked by OPK and GP) but my luteal phase is short. Gp suggested waiting a month or two to see if things go back to normal before she prescribes progesterone. Said maybe to try some other things in the meantime. I don't want to wait too long as I also have an age thing (43!!).
    I'm also taking vit. B6.

Cheers
    Debbie

id definitely suggest taking vitex in the second half of your cycle.

some people take it throughout but it appears to work better after ovulation.

if you require more advice, book in to see your local naturopath and get their prof advice. you dont need to keep seeing them though.

there are a few online naturopaths who will advise you for free as well. they aregreat

good luck

maddy138 Guest

I'm taking Maca gold - it's supposed to help with fertility. It has defiantly done something, my fingernails are long and strong and my hair is finally growing longer. I tried taking vitex, stopped 2 months ago as I ran out of it. Since I have found out (through a bt) that my hormones levels are fine, I don't think I will take it again.

So, what actually does vitex do? and do you know why its better to use it after ovuation? why dont you take it all through your cycle?

Default Multi vitamins

Hi
    I am currently taking folate
    I just bought some multi vitamin tablets by cenovis and they are HUGE!
    Is there any easy way t cut these in half so it doesnt feel like they are stuck in my throat
    or can someone recommend another smaller brand tablet?

Are they any other recommendations?

i heard that raspberry tea is good as well? Would a mix of raspberrya nd peach be ok as well- i dont like tea, but like this one?

Thanks
    Summer

Summer I think it's raspberry leaf tea that's good, but it's not recommended in pregnancy as it can cause contractions. In my first post is a link to the multivitamins thread & just the other day we were discussing the size of the pills, someone recommended a small one but I can't remember which! Have a look here.....

Thanks Sarah,
    i didnt know that thread was there

No worries Summer

Aussie_Chik Guest

Default Vitex and B6

Hi All

I've read a lot of threads about using Vitex and B6 (but now can't find any!!!). Can anyone tell me what benefits they have and can they be used to rectify a short Luteal Phase?

Thx.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast