Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: * Herbal Remedies & Supplements for TTC

I'm so glad you're going to see a naturopath! Please let me know what he/she says. Just an aside I was speaking to my naturopath today and she didn't see an issue with taking epo with vitex but she concurred with my other friends opinion that every individual needs to be asessed, not just a blanket prescription. So there you go!!!

I understand your concerns about clomid. The risk of multiples isn't that high from clomid. From memory a few percent higher than without treatment. Especially as you will be scanned during the follicular stage of your cycle. Your ob will usually (but not always, it's true) be able to see how many eggs are looking at breaking free!

Giving yourself a time frame is a smart way of dealing with it. I really hope you get some help from natural therapies.

Keep in touch, and please let
    me know how your consult goes on the weekend...

Hi Pebs,
    Did you see a naturopath?
    How did it go?

Pebs Guest

Hi Flowerchild,

Yep went to see the naturopath - VERY HELPFUL.. She suggested that I stop taking the EPO while im on VITEX for a little while. She also suggested that I take Fish Oil. She also gave me some drops to try and help with my shortend LP - So hopefully that starts to help, but I guess these things take time to build up and before they start to work!!

In any event, Ive given myself till the end of next month then I will seriously consider clomid etc...

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your kind help and advice, its nice to be among girls that are all going through the same sorts of things, it makes me feel not so isolated!

Pebs

Good to hear from you Pebs!

I am glad you were happy with the naturopath. Yeah, I have been reading a bit about epo and vitex and it seems epo could contradict vitex a bit.... mmmm, as I said I don't take it anymore. I am back on the vitex too now of course since our loss in March. Pebs it can take up to 3 months to see any result from the vitex so keep that in mind.
    Wishing you lots of luck in ttc a gorgeous baby.
    Hugs xoxoxo

zoe Guest

Thanks Deb this has been VERY helpful. I will be trying Vitex soon when my bub stops BF (she was a clomid baby) and all this info has been great.

Just a quick update
    I have been charting cycle for around 10 months. I've always had between 28-30 cycles. Only upon charting did I realise that I was ovulalting on day 18 and only having 10-12 days LP. As I wasn't falling pregnant, I read up and discovered vitamin B6. I started taking this around October last year, my cycle went from ovulating on day 18 to day 17, then 16 and this last cycle was day 14. This happenend in a matter of months. I can only give absolute positives re this vitamin. This last month was my first on Vitex. I only took it after ovulation. I don't know whether it worked or not as they say it takes a few months, but I got a BFP so I'm happy. Can't say whether the Vitex played a part in it but it may of helped, the Vitamin B6 certainly did it's job and I recommend it to anyone with irregular cycles. It's also suppose to help in pregnancy for morning sickness, so it obviously it a safe vitamin as well. Hope this helps.

Lizzie33 Guest

Default Herbs to bring on ovulation?

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could push me in the right direction. Is there any herb or vitamin I can take to bring on my Ovulation a bit quicker? I seem to take a while longer than normal - CD 18, CD 22 and CD 30 the last 3 cycles. All blood tests were normal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Mindy

Some of girls talk about vitex but it should only be taken from advice from a naturopath.I'd consider visiting one at your loal pharmacy/health food shop. You said you ovulate late but is your lp(lunar phase) at least 10-12 days long?WHat I mean is when you ovulate say on day 18 do you get your period 12 days later every time?If your lp is the problem then it might be better to make an appt to see your gp as they might be able to help.

Goodluck!!

Lizzie33 Guest

Hi Kirsty, My LP is alright I think - always at least 10-11 days, with this cycle at least 13 days so far. I am just concerned as to why the egg is taking so long to release...to my knowledge CD 23 or even CD 18 is a bit too long, and I want to get the 'ball rolling' sooner if I can.

Kirsty77 Guest

To be honest if your ovulating late but your lp is still at least 10 days then really there is no problem. Your body is doing the right things just a bit later then 'the norm'.Remember not everyone ovulates smack on day 14, everyone is different.I got pregnant with DD after ovulating on day 18 and this pregnancy it was day 21!It can happen and it will.Goodluck hun.

Lizzie33 Guest

Thanks so much Kirsty, you have calmed me down a lot. xx

My cycles have been in the 30-40 day range. My LP is at 14 days, so its always when I actually O that changes.
    Theres all those things, like stress, i found being not stressed as well changed my cycle! lol too.

Hi Mindy
    Six months ago I too was ovulating on day 18 and having 10-12 lp , was told by ob's that THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS AT ALL. All the same, I also starting taking vit b6 Oct last year, my cycle went from ovulating day 18 to 17. 16 and last cycle 14 (which I conceived). I also took Vitex for the last part of my cycle this month only. Probably too early for the vitex to work but I'm sure the Vit b6 regulated my cycle some how. It was worth a try for me.
    good luck

Hi Mindy.

Ovulation on cd30 would be fabbo for me! I did have that for a few cycles and now I have no clue whatsoever - cd49 and no EWCM yet (cripes - didn't realise I was that far into my cycle!). I'm starting agnes castii (aka vitex) tomorrow, I think I've got a pretty large dose from my homeopath (two tablets a day at opposite ends of the day, dose 30 - but 30 whats?). Again, my hormones are perfectly normal (I have had 2 seperate bts about 6 months ago now). Assuming I O'd when I thought I did last cycle I thought it was cd32, but no AF until cd56/1 (so a 55-day cycle) - that LP was a bit long! Ah well, just have to bd all the time when TTC, huzzah, as clearly my egg-catching abilities are in question.

I have been told by my local nurse (at the GPs) that a longer cycle isn't a problem, nor is an irregular one (just a little more frustrating when TTC), so not to worry. Doncha just love that advice?

(Just realised - if last AF was a lie I'd be over 12 weeks pg now with no knowledge of it... long cycles suck big time! Go see a homeopath about this!)

Wink

Macca root, is awesome it comes from the fertile mountains of the Andives, all herbal stores sell them, it has a very high success rate!!!

Lizzie33 Guest

Thanks so much everyone, really appreciate all your replies. So, do you take Vit B6 all throught the cycle, or only on certain days...and what about the Vitex?

Aussie_Chik Guest

Well I took Vitex and B6 last cycle. 1 tablet of each every morning. My cycle is normally around 34-35 days, so i was quite shocked when AF came at day 29. Horrible witch, at first I thought it might have been implantation bleeding as it was about 8-9 dpo and I'd had none of the usual cramping, headaches etc i usually get before AF arrives. But unfortunately it was full blown AF which has been ongoing for 10 days. (I've seen the dr about this and she feels it's a hormonal imbalance)

I am thinking the Vitex and/or B6 might be responsible for the lack of cramps and headaches as both mention on the bottle they help with PMS. However, it didn't help with my Luteal Phase (i know this may take time) but, could it be the reason I got my period so early? I have never known my cycle to be so short.

Jenny Guest

Default Green Tea and Multi Vitamin

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone on the forums. I am finding them so useful and a wealth of info. This is my first post so thanks! A couple of questions

Is green tea safe to drink during TTC and pregnancy? I am trying to cut back on coffee!

What are peoples thoughts regarding what multi vitamin is good pre-conception and when should I start taking one? There seems to be so many on the market promoting different benefits. What are people using? I will be TTC in December 2006.

Thanks

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast