Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: * What to say when you're not drinking

I just hear "I can't drink because I'm on antibiotics" and it translates to " I may be pregnant". It's just too obvious cuz it's so overused.

I actually have had a few glasses of wine while on antibiotics with no side effects. I would never want to overindulge while on them or anything but they wouldn't stop mne from having one glass of wine.

If you were a bit more specific though like "oh I can't I have a bladder infection I really shouldn't have any alcohol" it sounds a LOT more believable.

I used "I'm the designated driver". Makes you sound responsible and is totally valid. We would't want anyone drinking and driving! Of course, the fact that DH barely drinks has made the ocassional "awake" person ask why we need one. Noone else blinks at it though!

I can't use the designated driver as I would always have 1-2 glasses over 3-4 hours if I am the driver.

I like the bladder infection cause I have to pee HEAPS when drinking and, well, we all know how much we DON't want to pee when having a bladder infection PMSL

Bella,
    Why don't you only have one drink. Given you are in your 2WW , even if you end up falling pregnant this cycle, a single drink is really not going to make any difference. In fact, I found that having a drink on occasion during my TWW's took the pressure away from worrying if I was pregnant or not, and made me relax. I personally wouldn't drink during pregnancy (or only very occasionally) but the TWW should be fine if you don't overdo it. Of course, that is my opinion anyway. Don't stress and enjoy yourself while you still can!!!
    By the way, my OB (who is very experienced and reputable) tells me an alcohlic drink on occasion during pregnancy is absolutely fine.

I'd second Jac - if you are pg, the baby hasn't even implanted yet so can't be affected by any alcohol you consume this weekend. In the UK, 1 small drink a day (1 unit of alcohol) is OK, although less is better, so a drink or two now will be OK, just drink slowly or be the driver.

Twinsister, I'm glad I'm not your friend - I'd be on my 3rd or 4th due to lack of drinking and antibiotics, I never want to tell people what I have wrong with me! I mean, my family and friends freak out over pictures of bones or talk of eye operations, so why would they want to know about my internal stuff?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123