Thread: Abdominal Stretchy Pains - Problem??

Default Abdominal Stretchy Pains - Problem??

Hello again,
    I've made an appointment to see a doctor tomorrow at lunch time and I was wondering if any of you could help me prepare. I've been getting quite noticeable 'stretchy' sharpish pains in the right side of my abdomen for a couple of months. I don't know if it's where my ovaries are or not but it's where I'd imagine they are. I'm really scared as we've been trying to conceive on and off for 18 months with no luck (2 chemical pregnancies or false positives) and I'm really frightened that there might be something wrong . Have any of you experienced similar things? Just so I know what to prepare for when I see the doc tomorrow...
    thanks

Hi Spuddle! Long time no talk!! Hope you've been well.
    As for the stretchy pains. The only time Ive had anything like that is when I've been pregnant. Are you sure you're not? The pains im talking about are sharp, and usually only last a second, but happen if for example you stand quickly, or roll over in bed too fast etc. It's like a kind of pulling sensation?
    Hope you get your answers from the doc. Take care.

Hi Beaksie!! It's great to talk to you again! Boy I really love this site hey - it's so cool to find friends that are in the same place as you in life looking for info and sharing experiences etc... I love it oh and by the way Beaksie, I've moved to NSW now! We had to leave Newman because my DF swapped jobs and transferred the house with the new job and overnight between him finishing one job and starting the next the new job fell through and we lost everything... the job, our home everything. You know what Pilbara housing is like, so we had not choice but to pack up and head out. We moved to the Hunter Valley so now when we do fall pregnant, I don't have to worry about the dash to hospital 400kms away haha

I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant. AF arrived last Wed and lasted 4 days (light bleeding - definitely not spotting). I did take an el cheapo test on the Sunday in the avo and it was negative, so yeah, unfortunately I'm pretty sure I'm not. What you describes is exactly right - stretchy sharp pains that come and go and are stronger when you move in certain ways. As we've tried on and off for so long I think I've got myself all tied up in the possibility of there being a problem with me (my df and one of his exes fell pregnant a year before he met me (she had an abortion) so I'm pretty sure he is ok). The pains are frightening me because I don't want to have PCOS (which my half sister had) or endometriosis or anything like that. The stretchy pains are strong enough for me to make a doctor's appointment, so that speaks for itself really haha.
    Last edited by Spuddle; October 18th, 2007 at 03:15 PM.

Hey Spuddle! Great to hear from you. Lucky you, getting back to civilisation!! Id give my left arm to be out of the stinkin Pilbara, specially now we're back to that crappy weather.
    Actually, we're in the process of trying to organise a work transfer for DP, so we can move back to Vic. We were hoping to be home by Chrissie, but it seems unlikely. Hopefully we'll be back no later than January though. 3 years in Hedland is certainly more than enough for me!
    As for your pains, try not to stress too much. Im sure you'll find theres nothing really wrong, just one of "those things". Believe me, Ive ALWAYS got some niggly thing happening. (lol)
    Seriously though, Im sure you'll be fine. Relax.

Hi Beaksie again - well, if he doesn't get the transfer and he is wanting work, I just happen to be a recruiter for a contract HR company and you can always send me his resume and I'll forward it to our Melbourne branch haha. Anything to help a fellow pilbara-ite escape to civilisation!!

I'll see how I go. Wow, if I was pregnant that'd just be too wonderful!

Ha Ha! Will definitely keep that in mind. So dont want to stay here any longer than absolutely necessary! Goodluck tomorrow chick, Iet me know how you go. XX

Spuddle! Great to see you still on BB hope you are ok - good luck for your appointment just wanted to jump on and say that sorry no advice here. is it around O time? ovulation pains? it sounds like its ongoing for you?
    i get twinges and odd pains here and there in my abdomen diff times of the month but i just ignore them the aren't painful enough to worry about.

keep us informed chick.

Thanks Beaksie. I'm sure it'll be ok... just panicking is all. I had the pains again today, but this time they were on the left side of my uterus. Who knows...

RENSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!! How was your wedding??? Did it go without a hitch? I hope so mate... was thinking of ya! It's funny ya know - I left belly belly open on my computer one day and my df saw the page with your name on it and as his name is Ren, he's ALWAYS asking me whenever I get onto Belly belly "so how's Renstar..." haha. He's such a dag. Gotta love him. I had the pains during my AF too so I don't think they are O pains. I hope bloody not! Similar kind of pain only more "stretchy" - significant enough for me to stop what I'm doing and thing 'ouch' so completely bearable, but definitely there. Ah well. Docs appointment today at 12:20 I think... will find out soon enough!

Hey Spuddles,

How did the doc appt go today? Any help from the doc?! I'm not sure about it all sorry!

We've started ttc since our wedding 29th Sept!! FINALLY!!!

Our wedding was beautiful thanks. it really was a great day! Everything went off without a hitch and i was totally and completely relaxed all day leading up to the 3.30pm ceremony! so proud of myself and i thought i would be stressed etc but nope, not at all. i just got dressed calmly, all went to plan and we got in the car and Mum drove us there and i was the one saying to my b/maid and mum, 'calm down!' but yeah, i was sooo proud of myself! made me enjoy it much more than if i was to be stressed..

there is 1 wedding photo in my gallery if you want to have a look! i can't upload more for some reason they must be too big in size or something i will upload more soon though

Hi Spudde, just wondered how you went at the docs?

Oh wow Renstar - it looks like you had a beautiful day! I'm so happy for you Congratulations... gorgeous photos!!

Re doctor - I ended up rescheduling for Tuesday because my DF has been really sick this last week and he passed out yesterday morning, banging his head on the concrete. Had to take him to docs instead!! I guess I'll find out more next week As we are both feeling so crap I don't think we'll be conceiving this month haha. Will let you know how I go guys

hi spuddles im new to the site so i dont realy know anyone but the pains you have been getting sound alot like the pains ive been getting for the last two and a half years i have been to a few docs about it and had so many tests done and none of them can tell me what it is or what couses it so if you find out could you please let me know...

Spuddle -your poor DF!! Sorry to hear what happened to him, thats terrible! Hope he is ok now? hope you guys can ttc next month then