Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any ideas on how to make time fly ?

Sammi Jane Guest

Default Any ideas on how to make time fly ?

Anyone else in the dreaded 2ww and want to join me? I'm only 4dpo and I'm going crazy already!!

I really want a BFP this month, not another BFN!!! It's been way too long!!

Why not join in on the TTC Buddies threads....

Haha how funny I was having this discussion with Dh last night.

We wait SO long for that , then you begin a whole other waiting game!

It never ends

LOL so true Danni! It's a wait for the next scan, then a wait to feel movement then a wait for birth. After that it's a wait for the first smile etc etc..... It's a never ending waiting journey in the life of a mum

Sammi Jane Guest

At least then you're waiting for something different each time... a smile, a word, etc...

It gets so hard when you wait for the same thing, month after month!

I just want to move on to the next waiting stage.....

I am with you there Samrus. I am also 4DPO today. FF says 5 but I am pretty positive it is 4DPO. The waiting is hard. Wouldn't it be wonderful if you knew instantly if you were PG or not. I am that we both get a BFP this month. Sending lots of and around for us. Kepp me posted on how you go.

Sammi Jane Guest

Hi Ktgirl,

It would be wonderful if we knew instantly if we were pregnant!! What a great thought! Instead the reality is that the symptoms of pg are exactly the same as AF - what a cruel thing to do to us!

I hope we both get BFP's this month!! GL in your 2ww... at least it's almost the weekend - they go so quickly!

Have a great weekend.

have you checked out the TWW activity list? here

Hi Samrus. How are you going. Hanging in there for a little while longer I hope. Are you temping at all? I find that temping helps me because I know if I am going to get AF a couple of days before she actually arives that way it gives you a couple of days to get over the fact that you are not pregnant again and move on.

Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us.

Hello, I can relate to the need for time to fly - here are my suggestions:

Read a really really good book
    Get the 7 movies for $10 deal at the video store - all soppy ones - and watch as many back to back as you can handle
    Clean out the cupboards
    Go on an op shop tour - visit all the ones you know about
    Pull out the recipe books and have a shot at mastering some recipes that you've never been game to try before
    Ring up all your friends you haven't seen for ages and have a really long natter.

for you that this is your month for a :bfP: !
    :-)

hehe good tips marydean!! im going to be busy when i hit my TWW lol oh you know what i also find good. i went on a painting all the rooms in the house spree! i still have stuff to do lol just too lazy. And also cleaning out our hutch/buffet thing, there is sooo much junk in there that needs to go in the bin. Or sorting all yur dvds and cds into alphabetical order, then changing your mind and outting them in order from favourites to least favourites. Will come back when i think of more hehe

Sammi Jane Guest

Hi Ktgirl, I'm not temping anymore, it was stressing me out too much. I did it for about 8 months I think. I just check CM & use OPK's now.

Thanks for the tips to make time fly... the biggest problem seems to be work, where I can spend way too much time on the 'net reading these websites & obsessing!!! How do I stop myself from doing that?!?!?!?

I hear you Sam! Im 7 days away from POAS (assuming af is late or a no show), so im right in the middle of the tww and i am going nuts! I am feeling waves of nausea and some mild heartburn (which I had last month with early failed pg) and I have had some cramping. Sometimes I think its all in my head, but who knows? I just wish there was a miracle 'time killer'! Hope your tww ends with a bfp!

I think I might go swimming over the next week - something to do and its relaxing I suppose.

malimum Guest

I 2 in the TWW...DP and I bd'd quite a bit around, on and after O, so hopefully caught a little eggy....... I have had waves of nausea and a little bit of white CM, havent noticed ne bb change but they are sore @ times (considering my drama's over the last 2 mths, i dont know how to trust my body atm , it plays tricks on me.) The TWW is torture, the constant thinking, worrying and wondering is driving me NUTS!!!!

GL with every1 ttc....here's hoping for SUCCESS!!!

Ne way praying for 's all round. Dropping another big load of !!!

Take care every1!!!

bye bye

Sammi Jane Guest

Hi LisaL & malimum,

I'm 9dpo today and going slowly insane!!! I've got cramps today, but not sure if it's just from something I ate last night, I had cramps & bloating last night too. I was out for dinner though, and another girl also complained of the same thing.

I can't see any signs this month that are different from any other month... not making me feel confident about it.

I hope you both get BFP's this month!! How many days past O are you malimum?? We did heaps of BD'ing around O this month too, so I'm sure we would have caught the egg. There's just so many other elements to it. Fingers crossed!!

Hey girls

I'll come and join you...I'm 8DPO...

Not really feeling anything though...except IMPATIENCE!!!!

This month was our first month since charting that we actually DTD on the right days...nice to get a conception probability rating above "low" for a change!

Obsessing over my chart...overlaying chart on chart...but really not seeing any change...

Oh well!

Just finished one good book (Zadie Smith - On Beauty), now onto another one!

Doesn't help that my SIL had a baby a few days ago...he's totally gorgeous and I love him dearly...but it's a big reminder of what you don't have...

LisaL...sorry to hear about your loss...if you are comfortable in letting me know, when you say an early failed pg, how many weeks were you? It's just that I think I've had quite a few very early pregnancies that don't seem to last to the point that I get a BFP...I have all the symptoms (spotting, implanation dip, sore BB, metallic taste, cramping, etc) and then the symptoms suddenly disappear...and AF arrives a few days later

Has anyone else experienced that?

Wishing you guys all the very best this month!!!

Sammi Jane Guest

Hi Monnie,

How are you? I'm 10dpo today and getting scared...scared of another BFN!!! I don't think I can take much more. I'm trying not to obsess but of course I'm obsessing! It's a wonder we're all still sane.

I've never experienced what you talked about, but I'm sure others have. It would be very disappointing.

Hope you're enjoying your new book, what is it? I just went & bought 3 so I better get reading!!

Wishing us all lots of good luck for this month!!

Hi Monnie,

My first pg was an ectopic so I knew I was pg from the word go with a bfp on a hpt but sadly at 7wks I found out it was ectopic and had to have surgery to remove the pg and the right tube. This most recent time I was pg, I had all the symptoms you describe and I was vomitting at the drop of a hat, so I felt pg but it was not registering on a hpt. Then about 1 week after af was due I went for a bt, which confirmed a pg but with low levels of hcg. Went back for more bt's - levels rose slowley but dr told me I would get my period as implantation didnt occur (egg fertilised but failed to implant). A day or so after getting bt results confirming a pg I registered a bfp on a hpt. So in all in all, I got af 2 weeks late, and it was heavier than usual and contained lots of clots (sorry TMI). Another girl on the ttcaml had a failed early pg at the same time and her af came a week lateer than normal, and just got pg again this cycle!

Have you noticed a change in your af after you experience all those symptoms??

Counting down gals....6 days to go in this tww! Im having heartburn and nausea so fingers crossed it means I am pg! How is the tww going for the rest of you??

Speaking of books - has anyone read the Rain Queen?? Its great and i highly recommend it to help get through the tww!

Hoping your all having a great day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast